AP story (Bledsoe release)

Greg de'Ville

"I completely disagree and can't understand their point of view."

Maybe that is exactly why he is not in our future plans. If your QB is not on the same page as the coaching staff, you clearly have to make a change. For whatever reason, it seems Drew feels that the team's direction was the problem.

For this reason alone, I am glad to see him go.

"I completely disagree and can't understand their point of view."

Maybe that is exactly why he is not in our future plans. If your QB is not on the same page as the coaching staff, you clearly have to make a change.  For whatever reason, it seems Drew feels that the team's direction was the problem.

For this reason alone, I am glad to see him go.

242331[/snapback]

But he is such a classy guy!!!

Yeah, I know, you all expected him to say "well of course they're going to cut me. I suck." But he didn't. The reason why he was cut is that he still believes he's a starting-calibre QB. We'll see soon if one of the other 31 teams agrees with him, but if he didn't have that belief in himself, I can guarantee you that none of them would. If I'm a team looking for an interim QB, I certainly don't want to hear "Well, the team said they were going with Losman and once they explained why I said 'that makes sense.'" Of course, if he didn't have that belief in himself, we'd have our "veteran backup QB."

What wonderful lives you all must lead to scoff at someone for believing in himself....it's not like he could say anything right by your eyes anyway.

Yeah, I know, you all expected him to say "well of course they're going to cut me.  I suck."  But he didn't.  The reason why he was cut is that he still believes he's a starting-calibre QB.  We'll see soon if one of the other 31 teams agrees with him, but if he didn't have that belief in himself, I can guarantee you that none of them would.  If I'm a team looking for an interim QB, I certainly don't want to hear "Well, the team said they were going with Losman and once they explained why I said 'that makes sense.'"  Of course, if he didn't have that belief in himself, we'd have our "veteran backup QB." 

What wonderful lives you all must lead to scoff at someone for believing in himself....it's not like he could say anything right by your eyes anyway.

242384[/snapback]

Good post...I concur.

Boys and girls, the man just lost his job to a dude that has not proven jack sh**. A 12 year vet who ranks high in a number of stat categories is out of a job. A man who I REALLY believe wanted nothing more than to bring a championship to the city of Buffalo, now will no longer have that chance.

And given all that, he still went out with more class than most of us would have given the same situation. In fact, given that we all know (or should know), that not every lost we suffered over the last 3 years was Drew's fault, I am surprised he was able to hold his mouth in check so well. Cut him some slack, wish him well and get off his back. We have a new future and direction to look forward to, I hope it's a good one. For MM and TD's sake.....it better be!!

Yeah, I know, you all expected him to say "well of course they're going to cut me.  I suck."  But he didn't.  The reason why he was cut is that he still believes he's a starting-calibre QB.  We'll see soon if one of the other 31 teams agrees with him, but if he didn't have that belief in himself, I can guarantee you that none of them would.  If I'm a team looking for an interim QB, I certainly don't want to hear "Well, the team said they were going with Losman and once they explained why I said 'that makes sense.'"  Of course, if he didn't have that belief in himself, we'd have our "veteran backup QB." 

242384[/snapback]

Very true Dan, great post!

You know, Travis also wants to be a starter. He wants out of Buffalo to be sure, but he is generally highly valued and well received on this board.

I wish Drew well and thank him for lifting the franchise. Time to go? So be it. We DO have smart coaches and a smart GM. All we can do is trust their expertise and hope they are right.

I STILL want to see a good backup brought in. :huh: