Who is #14 on the Biils?????

Because you win doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Houston got the ball with 2 minutes and could ave won (like the Bills complain they could have too in 5 of their losses).

And Watkins hasn't had any YAC all year. Bombs are nice, but only one was in stride that should have been taken to the house (watkins did juggle it).

I'd like to see him run with the ball like receivers generally do....

Actually he gets 1.2 YAC; I think that is because he stretches forward when he is tackled when he does not catch it in endzone.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How this team can not call plays that get receivers in position where they can run after the catch is ridiculous. Slants, bubble screens, crossing routes, quick hits..... How can Sammy Watkins, with his speed, elusiveness and skill be 207th in YAC? Does the coaching staff not review this and try to figure out options to address it?

What's hurting this team the most continues to be the defense end of story and last week in KC the coaching staff and the defense lost us that game. If this D was half of what it was last year we are in the playoff driver seat right now.

Edited by BLizzyMeock

As another poster stated.....

The Bills are the only team in the league that knows how to stop Sammy, and they're damn good at it.

Yes a win, but the Bills are the better team, at home and the game still came down to the last 2 minutes.

4 Targets, 3 completions (and one called back that was actually thrown over the middle). That is not enough.

Was at the game and Sammy always lined up the same, outside and only a few times in the slot. They need to move him around or try and hide him.

Again let's look at the Odell 11 targets, Julio 17, Brown 11......

He asked for 10 targets and the last 6 quarters 5!!!!!

Maybe dress him up in camo attire?

Could we have targeted Sammy more? For sure. In saying that, I think we are being a little too picky with the play calling. The bills got 30 points and 390 yards of offence against a elite defence the last month. How much more do you want?

211 yards passing 160 going into the last drive does not do it in the NFL the majority of weeks. The Bills gave up 21 points and 400 yards. This was not a dominant offensive game and part of the blame is they do not Target Sammy 2 targets the last two weeks in the second half. 12 in the last two games. The fact he has on 12 targets 272 yards is staggering.

This is not the same game as 1995 where 211 yards was considered a big game.

211 yards passing 160 going into the last drive does not do it in the NFL the majority of weeks. The Bills gave up 21 points and 400 yards. This was not a dominant offensive game and part of the blame is they do not Target Sammy 2 targets the last two weeks in the second half. 12 in the last two games. The fact he has on 12 targets 272 yards is staggering.

This is not the same game as 1995 where 211 yards was considered a big game.

Almost 400 yards and 30 points against a defence that completely shut down cinci and new Orleans isn't considered a dominate game? What were you expecting going in, 40 points with 500 plus yards?

As another poster stated.....

The Bills are the only team in the league that knows how to stop Sammy, and they're damn good at it.

Yes a win, but the Bills are the better team, at home and the game still came down to the last 2 minutes.

4 Targets, 3 completions (and one called back that was actually thrown over the middle). That is not enough.

Was at the game and Sammy always lined up the same, outside and only a few times in the slot. They need to move him around or try and hide him.

Again let's look at the Odell 11 targets, Julio 17, Brown 11......

He asked for 10 targets and the last 6 quarters 5!!!!!

yes that middle in-route was nice....and he caught it!!! He does need more targets, and he is finally (thanks to my posts) catching passes while facing towards the qb. Now if I can just convince him to stay upright and run after the catch....

I thought I saw a stat that the Bills are leading, or among the leaders, in TDs scored outside the red zone this year. Even though Sammy isn't a fantasy league All-Star, his YAC and targets don't seem to be the biggest issues the Bills have - or even top 5.