TNF: Packers at Lions

YoloinOhio

Rogers sold it well, and all the red would have seen is a hand up near the face and a head turn, but from the front that should never be called a facemask and that would never be called on over 3/4 of the QBs in the league.

The problem most fans are having with the lesbians the NFL isn't the calls, it's the inconsistency of the calls where the elite NFL poster boys get a call that would never be given to anyone else. Does anyone really think if the team were reversed last night and that was Stafford instead of Rogers that he would have gotten the same call?

Sometimes I wonder if you guys on here even watch football. Two plays prior, there was a huge PI that would have given the Pack a chance at the winning field goal. It went uncalled. So much for the Poster boy theory!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rarely watch the NFL outside of Bills games anymore. The league has no consistency or integrity since Goodell has taken over. I don't think anyone is saying it wasn't technically a face mask. People are just saying that not everyone gets the call. The Lions did blow it, but not every team plays by the same set of rules. Anyone who thinks that must not be watching the same Bills games I have this year. TT takes a beating every game: hits up high, facemasks, hits after the ball is released and hits slightly out of bounds. All calls that Brady or Rodgers get. We can never prove it but I'm close to being certain Taylor doesn't get the call Rodgers did last night. An official themselves told Cam Newton he " wasn't old enough to get a call" earlier this year. So how can anyone deny that this is a problem? Even if Hochuli was just joking it shows that the idea still exists in the minds of officials. I know it has in every sport in the past, but the NFL has turned it into a protect Rodgers and Brady policy.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys on here even watch football. Two plays prior, there was a huge PI that would have given the Pack a chance at the winning field goal. It went uncalled. So much for the Poster boy theory!

I can explain it easily. The official probably didn't see it. Sometimes they really do miss calls. Even the ones they wanted to see that benefit the poster boys.

CVYSudfUEAAzydG.jpg

What the crap is Detroit doing here? The play started with 0 seconds, there's absolutely no reason to be guarding the sideline here. Now when Brady takes a snap with 6 seconds to go, I want to murder someone because no one seems to play this coverage when you know he's throwing a 5 yard out, but damn, Detroit blew it.

I can explain it easily. The official probably didn't see it. Sometimes they really do miss calls. Even the ones they wanted to see that benefit the poster boys.

Oh I see...you didnt watch the game! The world saw the PI. Nice try though!

You whiners are missing the point. In real time, without the benefit of a slo-mo replay, that is a no-brainer call. Rodgers' head whipped around. That call would have been made regardless of the QB playing, and the bottom line is the defender's fingers did grab the mask for a split second.

The last play of the game, however, was classic LOLions.

Except the flag was thrown by the official behind Rodgers. The replay clearly showed another official in front of the play, staring right at Rodgers who did not throw a flag. That official should have told the official who did not have a good vantage point that there was no penalty. The head snap was clearly caused by the grabbing of the shoulder, not a very slight brushing of the face mask. If you are going to use replay, it seems like it should be available for that kind of situation (I know it currently isn't).

Oh, and as for the PI, it was not PI. The defender had turned around and had every right to the ball just like the receiver.

Edited by IronyAbounds

Oh, and as for the PI, it was not PI. The defender had turned around and had every right to the ball just like the receiver.

HAHA!

Ok, whatever!

Once again, I have no idea what you guys are watching.

The first contact was made to the receivers chest/neck area and the defender was nowhere near looking for the ball.

I didn't see the game but saw the facemask call quickly this morning. At full speed it looked like a facemask to me, but then again the picked up flag on the facemask call v. Shady seemed the same and that flag was picked up. I didn't dissect the play from last night, but in that case, from what I saw, I agree that gets called when seen. The bigger issue for me is this---the Sammy Watkins out-of-bounds call took away the potential for an exciting play like this--regardless of how it ended up. That's criminal, imo, because at least with the facemask, at full speed, I can understand why the flag was thrown even if high def reveals it should not have been. In our play, blowing the most basic call in football should have resulted in that official being fired immediately, and Red Skeletor should have been fired as well for his bs explanation about judgment being that the player 'gave himself up'. At least lie to us, tell us that the official thought there was contact that drove Watkins out of bounds/stopped forward progress based on his angle.

On the other hand, we do have the NFL's official apology that the call was incorrect, so that's nice.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

CVYSudfUEAAzydG.jpg

What the crap is Detroit doing here? The play started with 0 seconds, there's absolutely no reason to be guarding the sideline here. Now when Brady takes a snap with 6 seconds to go, I want to murder someone because no one seems to play this coverage when you know he's throwing a 5 yard out, but damn, Detroit blew it.

I noticed this last night on the replay. Apparently they took two guys completely out of the play to guard against a QB and 5 OL running the Cal-Stanford play (which has worked twice in 40 years) on them. :doh: