Reports: 12 dead in San Bernardino shooting

So what was your point?

If I may......

Gordio remarked that Wyoming may have the loosest gun ownership requirements.

Darin pointed out that Alaska and New Hampshire have virtually no concealed carry requirements.

That was his point (i.e. New Hampshire and Alaska also have very loose gun requirements).

So what was your point?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may......

Darin pointed out that Alaska and New Hampshire have virtually no concealed carry requirements.

That was his point (i.e. New Hampshire and Alaska also have very loose gun requirements).

So what was your point?

What is the population in WY? 2 not including the one sheep?

NH... Might as well be MS or AL of New England... Avoid the Mass Hole influence and go deep into the woods and you have a scene out of Deliverance... Cross the border into ME for safety... Oh wait, scratch that... Cross the Connecticut River into VT on your way to QUE... Oh wait! Nevermind! Is there any place to hide! :nana::lol::lol:

I don't think gun control matters much where Islamic terrorism is concerned. Terrorists have lots of violent means at their disposal.

I think gun control though could, however, stem some of the school shooting type incidents.

Yeah... But how are the guns in circulation not going to factor in?

I was just in BFLO... And my brother has a crap load of guns (all legal)... Practically an arsenal. No biggy, but I know where I am going when the zombies hit town! I will even give the 20 gauge shotgun to my daughter! One for all of us... Thanx Uncle! Katy, bar the door! :D:D

If I may......

So what was your point?

My point was "so what?", and that neither of those states have the same circumstances as the heavily populated areas.

My point was "so what?", and that neither of those states have the same circumstances as the heavily populated areas.

That's more like an observation that is irrelevant to the original comments between two posters, but OK

I was just making an observation that maybe someone is less likely to light a place up if they know 50% or more of the population is packing heat too. It just seems like these mass shooting mostly happen in states that have tight gun control laws(California, Colorado, NY, Virginia etc...) Maybe it is just a coincidence. I don't know.

I was just making an observation that maybe someone is less likely to light a place up if they know 50% or more of the population is packing heat too. It just seems like these mass shooting mostly happen in states that have tight gun control laws(California, Colorado, NY, Virginia etc...) Maybe it is just a coincidence. I don't know.

Not if they don't care if they live or die, which appears to be the case with most of these recent mass shootings.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Gee, maybe observe that more shootings happen in the most populated areas?

https://www.google.com/search?q=mass+shooting+map&sa=X&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiN1ZrDscrJAhWtuYMKHR--Dh4QsAQIJQ

And Colorado doesn't have tight gun control (and if you are counting Columbine, that was BEFORE they "tightened" the laws...http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/colorado-gun-laws-remain-lax-despite-changes-after-columbine.html?_r=0

And how many of the "mass shootings" are actually black on black, gang-related shootings, where both sides are likely "packing".

I'm sure "peace officers" would be thrilled, if virtually every person they came in contact with had a gun (open, or concealed).

Edited by HoF Watkins

I was just in BFLO... And my brother has a crap load of guns (all legal)... Practically an arsenal. No biggy, but I know where I am going when the zombies hit town! I will even give the 20 gauge shotgun to my daughter! One for all of us... Thanx Uncle! Katy, bar the door! :D:D

My Zombie Apocalypse plan is to meet up with a coworker who is 60 years old and a gun nut as well as a former coworker who is 300lbs and knows all there is to know about Zombies.

One is well armed and the other has the strategic skills. And I can easily out run either of them :P

Virginia has fairly lax gun laws. Granted Virginia Tech is a gun free zone / safe space

My Zombie Apocalypse plan is to meet up with a coworker who is 60 years old and a gun nut as well as a former coworker who is 300lbs and knows all there is to know about Zombies.

One is well armed and the other has the strategic skills. And I can easily out run either of them :P

Virginia has fairly lax gun laws. Granted Virginia Tech is a gun free zone / safe space

cho don't say?

Then there this map. Notice where the highest rates are (I wonder how closely this aligns with education statistics in these states....hmm.)

Firearm Deaths per 100,000 People

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-averages-one-mass-shooting-per-day-2015-8

And Alaska tops the list per capita! And Wyoming ain't so great either. Hmmm...

Edited by HoF Watkins

Then there this map. Notice where the highest rates are (I wonder how closely this aligns with education statistics in these states....hmm.)

Firearm Deaths per 100,000 People

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-averages-one-mass-shooting-per-day-2015-8

And Alaska tops the list per capita! And Wyoming ain't so great either. Hmmm...

Why don't we use a statistic that doesn't include suicide, huh?