WNY media v Tyrod

vegas55

Wow the WNY media, everybody from no nothing Jeremy at WGR to the negative nancy Sullivan at buffalo news took all week to beat up on Tyrod for his performance v Pats. Failed of course to ever mention that under very difficult circumstances, on the road, his QBR was better than Brady's, and the anemic Bills running game constantly left him in 2nd/3rd and long, as our OC persisted in calling one yard run plays on first down.

So Rex Ryan produces what has to be the worst coaching performance in the sad history of bad Bills coaches, failing to challenge two HUGE plays that would have gone in the Bills favor, and at his post game press conference is never challenged on his horrible decisions. Even discloses that there is no process, no single coach in the booth who has the sole responsibility of advising Rex on these huge decisions. According to Rex, they "don't have a great view of the replay". So his multi multi million dollar coaching staff can't see what everybody sitting at home sees. The ex NFL officials assigned to the broadcast agreed that Rex was wrong not to challenge both calls, but the media never brought this up at his press conference. Cowards or fools? Does it matter? In the long, sad history of the Bills and horrific coaching, Rex managed to top them all. And at his press conference at least, the WNY media gave him a pass.

Cowards or fools? Does it matter? In the long, sad history of the Bills and horrific coaching, Rex managed to top them all. And at his press conference at least, the WNY media gave him a pass.

I would say that the CNY/WNY media are more cowards than fools. They're cowards because they all know that Rex Ryan isn't a competent NFL coach but they don't need any more proof of that simple fact by listening to Rex Ryan's answers to their questions.

The CNY media is focusing on Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan as being responsible for yesterday's loss to the KC Chiefs. And the local Buffalo Bills fans here in Syracuse are asking if Rex Ryan lost the game on purpose. Bills fans here in the 'Cuse think that Bills management want to tank the season to get a better draft spot in 2016.

I think that the Buffalo Bills fans here in Syracuse might be on to something.

Update:

Syracuse area Buffalo Bills fans now feel vindicated that firing former SU head coach Doug Marrone from the head coach job with the Buffalo Bills and replacing him with Rex Ryan now appears to be a dumb thing.

Syracuse area Buffalo Bills fans wanted Doug Marrone to remain as head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Update:

Syracuse area Buffalo Bills fans now feel vindicated that firing former SU head coach Doug Marrone from the head coach job with the Buffalo Bills and replacing him with Rex Ryan now appears to be a dumb thing.

Syracuse area Buffalo Bills fans wanted Doug Marrone to remain as head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

The only problem with this is Marrone quit. The Bills wanted and expected him to be back.

The only problem with this is Marrone quit. The Bills wanted and expected him to be back.

Don't upset the balance of PH's universe

Fixed it for you!

Marrone was better at some, worse at others. Not at all black & white. I wasn't hurt/angry when Marrone quit; he doesn't Imo have what it takes.

The only mistake the Bills made in the off season was not offering Schwartz the head coaching position. Marrone is a wuss, Rex is a clown. People seem to forget Schwartz brought the Lions to the playoffs while they were on a similar drought. I think he and Greg Roman could've done a better job this year. The penalties piling up against us this year is a testament to the kind of coaching Rex brings to the table, which is hey, let's be buddies, worry about winning some other time.

Edited by Luka

The only mistake the Bills made in the off season was not offering Schwartz the head coaching position. Marrone is a wuss, Rex is a clown. People seem to forget Schwartz brought the Lions to the playoffs while they were on a similar drought. I think he and Greg Roman could've done a better job this year. The penalties piling up against us this year is a testament to the kind of coaching Rex brings to the table, which is hey, let's be buddies, worry about winning some other time.

Rex's act is already getting on my nerves. Talks a good game but lousy results on the field. It makes him look like more of a buffoon.

Rex made a lot of noise about not repeating the same mistakes as he did with the Jets. Hows that working out?

So far, not so good. Still a terrible game day coach. Hire someone who is responsible for all of the mundane game day decisions that need to be made and make him responsible for getting into Rex's ear when necessary. I mentioned last week that baseball does this with a bench coach. The more inexperienced the manager the more important the bench coach is to team success. The Bills need to do this, someone meticulous because Rex certainly is not. This person would be responsible for clock management, replays and offer significant opinion on critical decisions during the game (go for 2, go for it on 4th, know you're going to go for it on 4th when it's only second down etc.). Rex gets too wrapped up in the game and loses his ability (if he has this ability to begin with) to see the big picture.

Also...you need an OC & DC who can adjust on the fly based on what's happening during the game because that's something else Rex isn't good at.

So far, not so good. Still a terrible game day coach. Hire someone who is responsible for all of the mundane game day decisions that need to be made and make him responsible for getting into Rex's ear when necessary. I mentioned last week that baseball does this with a bench coach. The more inexperienced the manager the more important the bench coach is to team success. The Bills need to do this, someone meticulous because Rex certainly is not. This person would be responsible for clock management, replays and offer significant opinion on critical decisions during the game (go for 2, go for it on 4th, know you're going to go for it on 4th when it's only second down etc.). Rex gets too wrapped up in the game and loses his ability (if he has this ability to begin with) to see the big picture.

Also...you need an OC & DC who can adjust on the fly based on what's happening during the game because that's something else Rex isn't good at.

Agreed. To your point, I'm also disappointed in Roman yesterday because he continued to line Sammy up in the same spot with seemingly no thought of bunch formations or motioning him to create favorable matchup/coverage that they could exploit. 1 target with no catches in the 2nd half is inexcusable.

This is the best post I've seen in awhile. I was thinking it is 3/4 through year 1 of RR and what can be done to help. This is a good idea. Of course I'm a baseball fan too.

The second issue with the coordination is very troubling, since Rex is the de facto DC.

Update:

Marrone was not fired. He quit.

Wow the WNY media, everybody from no nothing Jeremy at WGR to the negative nancy Sullivan at buffalo news took all week to beat up on Tyrod for his performance v Pats. Failed of course to ever mention that under very difficult circumstances, on the road, his QBR was better than Brady's, and the anemic Bills running game constantly left him in 2nd/3rd and long, as our OC persisted in calling one yard run plays on first down.

So Rex Ryan produces what has to be the worst coaching performance in the sad history of bad Bills coaches, failing to challenge two HUGE plays that would have gone in the Bills favor, and at his post game press conference is never challenged on his horrible decisions. Even discloses that there is no process, no single coach in the booth who has the sole responsibility of advising Rex on these huge decisions. According to Rex, they "don't have a great view of the replay". So his multi multi million dollar coaching staff can't see what everybody sitting at home sees. The ex NFL officials assigned to the broadcast agreed that Rex was wrong not to challenge both calls, but the media never brought this up at his press conference. Cowards or fools? Does it matter? In the long, sad history of the Bills and horrific coaching, Rex managed to top them all. And at his press conference at least, the WNY media gave him a pass.

WELCOME ...

Now you know how the EJ supporters feel.

We Syracuse, NY area Buffalo Bills fans are the smartest Buffalo Bills fans around.

We know:

1. Head coach Rex Ryan will lead the Buffalo Bills nowhere. Just ain't gonna happen.

2. The Buffalo Bills were way too self-destructive Sunday against the KC Chiefs.

3. Letting former SU head coach Doug Marrone leave the Bills and hiring Rex Ryan as Marrone's replacement was a really dumb move for the Buffalo Bills. Really dumb.

Don't upset the balance of PH's universe

Marrone was better at some, worse at others. Not at all black & white. I wasn't hurt/angry when Marrone quit; he doesn't Imo have what it takes.

While on a constant search for a franchise QB it appears the harder find could be a franchise coach.

Edited by Triple Threat