Bills' RB Coach Anthony Lynn Expected to Get HC Interviews

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL this is funny.

Rooney hired him...

The original article from PFT is no longer available, but here it is linked on another site.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=74363.0

There was a good deal of speculation that the league stepped in on the Tomlin hire, so it's not as crazy as you're making it sound.

The original article from PFT is no longer available, but here it is linked on another site.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=74363.0

There was a good deal of speculation that the league stepped in on the Tomlin hire, so it's not as crazy as you're making it sound.

Why would the NFL strong arm a Rooney candidate on Rooney, the most respected and revered (by the NFL) owner of them all? Over the great Russ Grimm?

Interesting how quickly that story evaporated.

If you want to propose a conspiracy involving the NFL pushing the hiring of Rooney candidates, you have to at least include the words "Jim Caldwell".

Why would the NFL strong arm a Rooney candidate on Rooney, the most respected and revered (by the NFL) owner of them all? Over the great Russ Grimm?

Interesting how quickly that story evaporated.

If you want to propose a conspiracy involving the NFL pushing the hiring of Rooney candidates, you have to at least include the words "Jim Caldwell".

I feel like the answer to that is really obvious. If the Rooney family championed the rule, would it not make sense for them to hire a minority candidate?

I'm not the guy that came up with the story, it was reported in the Pittsburgh Gazette that Grimm would be announced as the new head coach. That's smoke if not fire.

Again, I'm not saying it went down that way; I'm saying that there's just cause for speculation that Tomlin wouldn't have been hired if not for the rule.

And yeah, I have no idea how Jim Caldwell got the Detroit job after his work in Indy.

I feel like the answer to that is really obvious. If the Rooney family championed the rule, would it not make sense for them to hire a minority candidate?

Because he realized he was a better candidate than Grimm (mediocre O-line coach already on staff).

It was the Pittsburgh Tribune that said Grimm would be HC. The story was then retracted removed from the paper's web site. That same day the Gazzette ran a story that denied the Rooney's had made a decision.

Rooney and Grimm both said he was never offered the job.

No smoke, no fire.

I have said before if the Bills don't better last year's record then it massively strengthens Marrone's case. The consensus league view is we have brought in a lot of talent with Darby, Karlos, Cog, Shady and Clay. If we are no better it will reflect well on dour Doug.

Does it enhance Marrone or his DC Jim Schwartz? We won more games with D because our offense was aniemic.

This year we are better at many positions, including QB, but our allegedly dominant defense sucks. That's a bad bad look on Rex.

Because he realized he was a better candidate than Grimm (mediocre O-line coach already on staff).

It was the Pittsburgh Tribune that said Grimm would be HC. The story was then retracted removed from the paper's web site. That same day the Gazzette ran a story that denied the Rooney's had made a decision.

Rooney and Grimm both said he was never offered the job.

No smoke, no fire.

I didn't say that that was the reason that Tomlin got the job; I said that the rumor that made the rounds would be based on that logic.

Regardless of which publication made the report, that's still smoke.

I've never seen where Grimm said he wasn't offered the job (not saying he didn't say that, only that I never saw it)

No. It would make sense for them to hire the best candidate, on merit, taking a color blind approach to the process.

Of course it would (see above)

@mikerodak

Bills RB coach Anthony Lynn makes @AdamSchefter and @mortreport list of Top 10 coaching candidates next offseason: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14279278/10-names-next-line-nfl-head-coaches-nfl

@mikerodak

One top NFL evaluator tells @AdamSchefter and @mortreport that he considers Doug Marrone to be a young Bill Parcels: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14279278/10-names-next-line-nfl-head-coaches-nfl

I assume this is because he did a good job developing Karlos Williams. I think Karlos Williams sucks when there is not a gaping hole. Once he makes it to the second level of the defense he is gone, but he is not really good at getting there.

doing a good job developing a rookie RB doesn't lead to HC consideration. I'm not saying he didn't do a good job with Karlos but he has a track record of coaching.

Lynn has been a RB coach for years and has a strong reputation, and currently assistant HC. The Jets actually interviewed him for their HC vacancy in January.

Edited by YoloinOhio