Thigpen is Back!....Moore and Boom are Out!

26CornerBlitz

i guess I'll be the one to tell you that fringe roster players are cut and re-signed by the same team all the time around the league.

I tried to look this up on the NFL transactions page, but the app is so clunky it would take hours. Most of the fringe activity I saw involved practice squad players, not players on the active roster. I just don't remember the Bills ever doing this kind of thing before, cutting and then re-signing the exact same players multiple times during the year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to look this up on the NFL transactions page, but the app is so clunky it would take hours. Most of the fringe activity I saw involved practice squad players, not players on the active roster. I just don't remember the Bills ever doing this kind of thing before, cutting and then re-signing the exact same players multiple times during the year.

they only cut and re-signed Thigpen once, not multiple times. And outside of maybe Andre fluellen at the beginning of the year, another fringe guy, I don't recall any others. But yes, every team has to do this and its because of injuries that pop up throughout the year where they need depth in certain areas. An example is Bryce brown in Seattle who was signed, cut and re-signed by the Seahawks in the span of about a month. Josh Johnson, when he was with the colts, was signed, cut, re-signed, and cut again in a 2 week span in October. Edited by YoloinOhio

they only cut and re-signed Thigpen once, not multiple times. And outside of maybe Andre fluellen at the beginning of the year, another fringe guy, I don't recall any others. But yes, every team has to do this and its because of injuries that pop up throughout the year where they need depth in certain areas. An example is Bryce brown in Seattle who was signed, cut and re-signed by the Seahawks in the span of about a month. Josh Johnson, when he was with the colts, was signed, cut, re-signed, and cut again in a 2 week span in October.

The multiple times wasn't for the same player, sorry, I should have been more clear. Gay, Thiggy, Cassel are what I meant by multiple times. We cut, signed, and cut Cassel in 10 days if I remember right. It just looks weird.

The multiple times wasn't for the same player, sorry, I should have been more clear. Gay, Thiggy, Cassel are what I meant by multiple times. We cut, signed, and cut Cassel in 10 days if I remember right. It just looks weird.

Patriots do it pretty often. They released Dekoda Watson in September, resigned him a couple weeks later, then released him again a couple weeks after that.