Real late with my observations but got to post

Billsfan1972

As far as Sammy Watkins is concerned I wonder if it would be wise for the Bills to hire a passing game coordinator, and let Roman setup the run game. The Dallas Cowboys has a similar situation a few years ago with their coaching staff.

I have no idea why Watkins isn't even getting the targets he publicly asked for a few weeks ago, I mean if you throw the ball 35 times a game why not get the most explosive play maker on both teams the freaking ball ten times a game? Chris Hogan the leading receiver... really? Charles Clay the leading receiver against the Jets. Why the Fu*k did the Bills give up three draft picks, and two first rounders for a decoy?

This would be like obtaining LeSean McCoy, and paying him 6 mill per then giving Dan Herron all the carries :blink: The coaches really expect to win with Chris Hogan getting more targets then Watkins?

Rex needs to be fired if he continues to not include Watkins in the plans. It's not even on Roman, Rex is the head coach and he should be seething mad at Roman for the negligence at this point.

Throw the ball early and often to Watkins, get a 14-0 lead, take the crowd out of the game and watch the Chiefs fold like a cheap tent. If they employ a conservative game plan then there's a 100% chance they will lose this game IMO.

Rex needs to be fired if he continues to not include Watkins in the plans. It's not even on Roman, Rex is the head coach and he should be seething mad at Roman for the negligence at this point.

Throw the ball early and often to Watkins, get a 14-0 lead, take the crowd out of the game and watch the Chiefs fold like a cheap tent. If they employ a conservative game plan then there's a 100% chance they will lose this game IMO.

Absolutely agree. They need to throw on first down and other non-obvious passing downs. A little play-action wouldn't hurt either. Otherwise, this o-line gets overwhelmed and it's check-down city.

IMO if Watkins doesn't start getting the ball a lot, he will publicly ask to be traded after the season is over. The Bills are not only being stupid not using him, they are costing him money when he becomes a free agent which is the reason he will go public and force them to trade him.

I wouldn't blame him either. The Bills are idiots with how they've ignored Watkins in game plans.

He's quite a way away from his next contract still. Patience.

Absolutely agree. They need to throw on first down and other non-obvious passing downs. A little play-action wouldn't hurt either. Otherwise, this o-line gets overwhelmed and it's check-down city.

I'm so done with "old school" Rex if they lose trying the run the ball down their throats. We need a head coach who is intelligent enough to actually use Watkins.

While I can see the point of others in that Tyrod (perhaps the coaches are instructing this) wants to only take what the opposing defense gives him, and take the safe passes. While this might be the "game manager" QB the coaches want.. its not what always wins games. We all loved it when Fitz brought his gunslinger mentality to Buffalo over Mr safe check down Trent.

Right now Sammy isn't even looking as good as 7th round pick Stevie Johnson as a WR simply because he isn't seeing the targets. Stevie saw at least 8 targets each game to hit those three 1000 yard seasons. This year Watkins has only seen 8 targets twice, and once was in the first NE game for 8 targets, 6 rec for 60 yards. The second time was against Miami with 8 targets for 8 rec for 168 yards, and one TD.

Then, I honestly have no idea why it took ten games for Rex Ryan to finally get pressure on the opposing QB. The defensive game plan was brilliant this game vs the soft coverage defense of that first game.

At this rate of coaching perhaps by week 16 we will see Watkins getting 10+ targets a game. :doh:

As far as Sammy Watkins is concerned I wonder if it would be wise for the Bills to hire a passing game coordinator, and let Roman setup the run game. The Dallas Cowboys has a similar situation a few years ago with their coaching staff.

I have no idea why Watkins isn't even getting the targets he publicly asked for a few weeks ago, I mean if you throw the ball 35 times a game why not get the most explosive play maker on both teams the freaking ball ten times a game? Chris Hogan the leading receiver... really? Charles Clay the leading receiver against the Jets. Why the Fu*k did the Bills give up three draft picks, and two first rounders for a decoy?

This would be like obtaining LeSean McCoy, and paying him 6 mill per then giving Dan Herron all the carries :blink: The coaches really expect to win with Chris Hogan getting more targets then Watkins?

Hogan got the catches because the Pats* concentrating on the double team of Watkins with safety over the top plus extra help over the top but go ahead with your fact-less rant. Ty;er unfortunately cannot make all the throws so parts of the field are easy to defend against him.

Hogan got the catches because the Pats* concentrating on the double team of Watkins with safety over the top plus extra help over the top but go ahead with your fact-less rant. Ty;er unfortunately cannot make all the throws so parts of the field are easy to defend against him.

Ranting really? This team gives up three draft picks, and two of them first rounders then its OK for the coaches to use him as a decoy? How many other top WR's in the game see double, and even triple coverage's only to see the ball 10 plus times a game? Like all of them!

Example: WR DeAndre Hopkins is the new version of Andre Johnson in Houston, and he sees that type of coverage every game with opposing defenses intent on stopping him. Yet he continues to put up astounding numbers every game with scrubs like Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, and TJ Yates at QB for Houston. The guy has had only three games this season for around 50 yards each, and guess what. Those are the games he had only 5-6 receptions. Hopkins is seeing at least 11+ targets every game, and in one game he saw 22 targets with 9 receptions for 157 yards!

You get to see him first hand in two weeks when the Bills play the Texans in Buffalo.

Not really sure who Ty;er is though. Anyway, read my second post as to why Tyrod Taylor might be avoiding Watkins like he has been doing.

Ranting really? This team gives up three draft picks, and two of them first rounders then its OK for the coaches to use him as a decoy? How many other top WR's in the game see double, and even triple coverage's only to see the ball 10 plus times a game? Like all of them!

Example: WR DeAndre Hopkins is the new version of Andre Johnson in Houston, and he sees that type of coverage every game with opposing defenses intent on stopping him. Yet he continues to put up astounding numbers every game with scrubs like Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, and TJ Yates at QB for Houston. The guy has had only three games this season for around 50 yards each, and guess what. Those are the games he had only 5-6 receptions. Hopkins is seeing at least 11+ targets every game, and in one game he saw 22 targets with 9 receptions for 157 yards!

You get to see him first hand in two weeks when the Bills play the Texans in Buffalo.

Not really sure who Ty;er is though. Anyway, read my second post as to why Tyrod Taylor might be avoiding Watkins like he has been doing.

If Sammy is getting doubled and or safety over him. Some one must be kinda open. Thats where the QB needs to look and succeed.

as soon as tyrod can draw coverage away from Sammy you chuck it to him.

These two need to spend all week together and get dialed in, What they should have already done IMHO.

That said i think TT does not have enough in game reps to reach a conclusion on.

Weak passing game Monday.

Henderson might be part of that problem btw

Edited by 3rdand12

If Sammy is getting doubled and or safety over him. Some one must be kinda open. Thats where the QB needs to look and succeed.

as soon as tyrod can draw coverage away from Sammy you chuck it to him.

These two need to spend all week together and get dialed in, What they should have already done IMHO.

That said i think TT does not have enough in game reps to reach a conclusion on.

Weak passing game Monday.

Henderson might be part of that problem btw

I just don't get why more Bills fans fail to see that every defense does that to the top receivers on other teams, and yet they usually still see many, many targets. Its just more excuses.

This last game the Bills managed to take TE Rob Gronkowski completley away from Brady. So instead Brady went to Danny Amendola 12 times for 9 rec over 117 receiving yards. But you can bet the world that if Edleman was healthy he would have seen the majority of the targets regardless of the defensive coverage.

I don't know if its as simple as looking off the primary receiver, and then getting the ball to him. Plus what we don't know is who the primary target is on each pass play. Still, it shouldn't matter when you have a player as explosive as Sammy Watkins you should make every effort to get him the ball all game long!! Then coverage be damned, because that is exactly what happens with players like Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown ect.

I just don't get why more Bills fans fail to see that every defense does that to the top receivers on other teams, and yet they usually still see many, many targets. Its just more excuses.

This last game the Bills managed to take TE Rob Gronkowski completley away from Brady. So instead Brady went to Danny Amendola 12 times for 9 rec over 117 receiving yards. But you can bet the world that if Edleman was healthy he would have seen the majority of the targets regardless of the defensive coverage.

I don't know if its as simple as looking off the primary receiver, and then getting the ball to him. Plus what we don't know is who the primary target is on each pass play. Still, it shouldn't matter when you have a player as explosive as Sammy Watkins you should make every effort to get him the ball all game long!! Then coverage be damned, because that is exactly what happens with players like Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown ect.

do you think it is a fair comparison, Brady and his Edelman to Taylor and his 9 or so weeks with Watkins?

But i sure agree get the ball to the playmaker. But first I would like to see TT hit Woods in stride when he is one on one and beat his guy. Before throwing into a tight window. he just aint there yet.

trust. :thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

do you think it is a fair comparison, Brady and his Edelman to Taylor and his 9 or so weeks with Watkins?

But i sure agree get the ball to the playmaker. But first I would like to see TT hit Woods in stride when he is one on one and beat his guy. Before throwing into a tight window. he just aint there yet.

trust. :thumbsup:

No, its not a fair comparison! But I did make the comparison of the Texans trio of scrubs at QB, and I think Taylor is better then any of those three. I don't know what the real reason is as to why Watkins is not seeing at least ten targets a game, and because the other guy is in single coverage should not be the reason.

The primary focus of this teams passing game should be their best pass catching weapon, and it should be for at least 10 targets a game. They have had all off season, pre season, and 10 games to get in sync.

No, its not a fair comparison! But I did make the comparison of the Texans trio of scrubs at QB, and I think Taylor is better then any of those three. I don't know what the real reason is as to why Watkins is not seeing at least ten targets a game, and because the other guy is in single coverage should not be the reason.

The primary focus of this teams passing game should be their best pass catching weapon, and it should be for at least 10 targets a game. They have had all off season, pre season, and 10 games to get in sync.

I respect your opinion. Its valid.

For me TT has long way to go. He has had players getting open all season long. He either does not trust his read or his players.

Lets hope he gets a Fitz/ Stevie thing going soon.

Both Clay and Watkins should be getting the majority of targets

I respect your opinion. Its valid.

For me TT has long way to go. He has had players getting open all season long. He either does not trust his read or his players.

Lets hope he gets a Fitz/ Stevie thing going soon.

Both Clay and Watkins should be getting the majority of targets

Much of this comes down to coaching and here again the Bills are lacking. Seen it over and over that they are slow n getting plays in and when they are at the LOS they are not creative or assessing the D. I do look @ Watkins and you can see that TT is not going to call a play involving Watkins and that he is nothing more then a decoy.

Can say all you want that TT isn't Ryan or Manning (Eli), but the Deandre Hopkins example is 100% bang on that he needs touches. No targets the first half (3 points) is unacceptable.

Rex is too stuck in the stone age when it comes to the NFL, which is based on offense.

Everyone was gaga when TT threw 12 times (8 to SW) and we ran roughshod over the Dolphins. That is an anomaly in today's NFL, but Rex wishes every week is like that and thus vs. the Jets 7 NE when it was not that (and most other games this year) there are issues.

In three quarters vs. Philly today Megatron already has 14 targets and Golden Tate 7 catches (in 8 targets). This should be the norm where the #1 receiver is targeted a approximately of 35% of the time.

the over the middle and the deep balls. i think when the all 22 film comes out you will see that bellichek made sure to play a two deep, take away as many deep balls as possible, and roll a safety over watkins. this is why you saw woods making intermediate catches, shady out of the backfield a lot, and hogan open. taylor was taking what they were giving him.

we all want watkins to get the ball a lot, but it's not hard to shut down a single man on a football team. especially a WR. sure other WRs dominate under any condition, but those WRs aren't 6 1 and 200lbs. He's kind of small.

This is where u move Watkins around (Roman) and get him the ball in other areas of the field.......where is the BUBBLE SCREEN