Dareus is the man

Tonight was a tough loss, no question. It was a pretty dismal night for Bills fans in a lot of ways. But the play Dareus made on 3rd and 3 at the end of the game is the silver lining, at least for me. Everyone in the stadium knew the P*ts were going to run the ball with Blunt, especially with Dareus out with a leg injury. But Dareus straps on his helmet and goes back into the game.

He got paid. He's taken heat lately (unnecessarily imo, but heat nonetheless). But in the biggest moment in the game for the defense, Dareus comes in hurt knowing he needs to make a play and does exactly that, eating up two lineman and making the tackle well short of the marker. Hell of a play, all things considered. No one can ever tell me he doesn't care about winning or being a leader on this defense.

:beer: That one's for Mr. Big Stuff.

Tonight was a tough loss, no question. It was a pretty dismal night for Bills fans in a lot of ways. But the play Dareus made on 3rd and 3 at the end of the game is the silver lining, at least for me. Everyone in the stadium knew the P*ts were going to run the ball with Blunt, especially with Dareus out with a leg injury. But Dareus straps on his helmet and goes back into the game.

He got paid. He's taken heat lately (unnecessarily imo, but heat nonetheless). But in the biggest moment in the game for the defense, Dareus comes in hurt knowing he needs to make a play and does exactly that, eating up two lineman and making the tackle well short of the marker. Hell of a play, all things considered. No one can ever tell me he doesn't care about winning or being a leader on this defense.

:beer: That one's for Mr. Big Stuff.

The decisions to pay Marcel and Jerry were good ones. Both are playing well. The question now is whether it is time to lose one of the two big salaries for the Williams boys.

Dareus was really good tonight and Jerry Hughes was a beast. Of course, the O-Line for the Pats was in shambles so they should have dominated. Well played game by the "D" with the exception of a couple of tackles missed -- the Duke and Graham cracker to blame for those.

the Pats OL was in shambles? They had all their starters except Solder who went on IR a long time ago.

Indeed, and he was fired up after too!

He was and it was great to see. The whole series of events leading up to that play was pretty great. It looked like he put himself into the game (though I doubt he did), they cut to the sideline just as he was grabbing his helmet and it looked like he was waiving the trainers away. I was fired up just by him wanting to be on the field for that play, but then he made the stop too? Incredible effort. That's what dominant players do in big moments, the guy's a stud.