Snowvember Anniversary

Awwufelloff

I saw this and went and checked weather report to make sure it was not happening again; maybe this is why most of our games are away in 2nd half of season.

The good news is weather was good enough last year for us to be able to drive to Buffalo and surprise my mother at Christmas.

haha! Some lake effect is coming this weekend. The lake is running 4 degrees above normal for the date so anything can happen.

I live in Hamburg as well and if I didn't live through it, I wouldn't have believed that much snow, that fast was possible. And I've lived my whole life in the southtowns so a typical storm of 1-3 feet is common every year. But this was epic. Even the days after waiting for front loaders to clear the roads was surreal.

How my parents always talked about 77, this is my version that I will remember.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

I live in Hamburg as well and if I didn't live through it, I wouldn't have believed that much snow, that fast was possible. And I've lived my whole life in the southtowns so a typical storm of 1-3 feet is common every year. But this was epic. Even the days after waiting for front loaders to clear the roads was surreal.

How my parents always talked about 77, this is my version that I will remember.

Exactly. My total measurement for the storm was 88" near Exit 57 in Hamburg. It was unbelievable how much snow we got.

We traveled to WNY just as the driving ban was lifted... Got into my father's street just a few hours after the payloaders opened it up... We were ready to park on the main road and 'shoe it in if the street wasn't clear. That was Friday of the week. We went to visit Syracuse University on that Sunday since my son may go there... NOT a flake of snow!

This was my father's house in S.Cheektowaga/W.Seneca BEFORE they cleared the street. That is my brother's Ford Flex under that pile of snow to the left:

post-1877-0-51178200-1447836822_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately my old phone crapped the bed last month and I lost a lot of pics that I didn't back up (stooooopid ME!)... Or I would post much more...

Here are more pics of that weekend... Stuff TheCloud grabbed luckily before my phone deep sixed...

Driving to dinner that Friday night... Following my brother after we got his car out:

post-1877-0-41135800-1447838638_thumb.jpg

@ SU that weekend... Not a spot of snow!

Can you tell my wife is a library director... We have to hit every library we pass, ESPECIALLY if it is a Carnegie Library!... :doh::doh: This was dropboxed off her phone:

post-1877-0-37191900-1447838720_thumb.jpg

Punk Son in front of Hendricks Chapel... GO SABRES!!

post-1877-0-56123600-1447838885_thumb.jpg

And last BUT not least... WHY we are all here! #DetroitLeaning to conclude that weekend!

This was the following Monday... Caught the Bills v. Jets game on the way back to Illinois... Via Detroit:

PULEASE Excuse the God Awful "BFLO Stampede." :lol: :lol:

post-1877-0-31815700-1447839292_thumb.jpg

haha! Some lake effect is coming this weekend. The lake is running 4 degrees above normal for the date so anything can happen.

I noticed that too! Ut oh! Not good for season long snow events... You want that Lake COLD to shut the snow making machine off! Will be much warmer this winter w/strong El Nino BUT BFLO may get blasted w/snow if it stays warmer!

I noticed here, the river is running 10 degrees warmer than last year... Still in the 50's the water temp! I am hopiong Chicago and this part of Illinois is on par w/its average snowfall of just under 40" for the year... I can take a few winters like we had in the early 2000's were all we got wa 20 or so inches all season!

I saw this and went and checked weather report to make sure it was not happening again; maybe this is why most of our games are away in 2nd half of season.

The good news is weather was good enough last year for us to be able to drive to Buffalo and surprise my mother at Christmas.

It was weird, as much as we got the snow was mostly melted within 10 days. The weather from Thanksgiving to Christmas was great. It turned shortly after that & was unbearable for the next 2 and a half months. Worst most bitter winter I could remember.

Windy out there now... 39 mph and I just recorded a gust of 58 mph!!! Pushing me when I walk! :lol:

BUT temp is 62! Bottom will fall out soon... 1-3 inches on Saturday.

It will be short lived. They are actually saying this could be the strongest El Nino pattern since 1950 when they started keeping track & data of this. Should be above average temps well into December/mid Jan. 60's all week until the weekend. May take the afternoon off & go golfing today.

It will be short lived. They are actually saying this could be the strongest El Nino pattern since 1950 when they started keeping track & data of this. Should be above average temps well into December/mid Jan. 60's all week until the weekend. May take the afternoon off & go golfing today.

I am hoping! I like snow and all... But I am getting too old. Let the stuff fall somewhere else and if I want to play in it, I can come to where the snow is! :D On my terms! :D

Low on Saturday here will be 13. Yet, high on Thanksgiving will be 53... I gues time to get those winter tires I purchased put on!

It was weird, as much as we got the snow was mostly melted within 10 days. The weather from Thanksgiving to Christmas was great. It turned shortly after that & was unbearable for the next 2 and a half months. Worst most bitter winter I could remember.

Yes my uncle died during January and weather was so bad we would not attempt to go to wake.