Hell we ought to keep Henry now

VABills

Since JP is such a great scambler, not injury prone, and can get an extra 8-12 seconds moving around in the pocket. we have no reason to upgrade our line or get rid of Travis. Since he won't need to block, or catch, since everyone know a WR can get open if given enough time. The releasing of Drew and making the stud JP our starter means that we probably don't need Willis' contract either. Let's just save the money and trade him. Henry is all we need, a straight ahead runner, with no blocking or receiving ability.

rabble-rowser

:lol:

241088[/snapback]

Seriously why not? Everyone here thinks JP wil not get sacked at all this year, he is the next Mike Vick, only better. We don't need a back to block, pick up blitzes, catch, etc.... All we need is a human bowling ball.

Since JP is such a great scambler, not injury prone, and can get an extra 8-12 seconds moving around in the pocket. we have no reason to upgrade our line or get rid of Travis.  Since he won't need to block, or catch, since everyone know a WR can get open if given enough time.  The releasing of Drew and making the stud JP our starter means that we probably don't need Willis' contract either.  Let's just save the money and trade him.  Henry is all we need, a straight ahead runner, with no blocking or receiving ability.

241085[/snapback]

anyone else find sarcasm extremely lowbrow humour?? posts like this really add nothing to the conversation......

anyone else find sarcasm extremely lowbrow humour?? posts like this really add nothing to the conversation......

241101[/snapback]

Why? It is a serious question. Why not keep Travis cheaply, and get rid of Willis before his escalators kick in? If JP is such a great QB, who isn't injury prone, and can avoid the sack, then we don't need to pay Willis' contract. Travis at 1.25 per year is better than 3 million when we don't need those other skills.

Why?  It is a serious question.  Why not keep Travis cheaply, and get rid of Willis before his escalators kick in?  If JP is such a great QB, who isn't injury prone, and can avoid the sack, then we don't need to pay Willis' contract.  Travis at 1.25 per year is better than 3 million when we don't need those other skills.

241107[/snapback]

Just have a beer and cry man....it'll be okay...really it will.

Just have a beer and cry man....it'll be okay...really it will.

241110[/snapback]

As I have said before I was not enamored with Drew, but felt he was better than JP. We will know very quickly. But based on what everyone here is saying, my analysis is correct. We don't need Willis and the contract he has. travis is all we need with Jp's scambling ability. Everyone here says it so it must be true. We can also let JJ go and plug Price in at LT, Tucker is good at guard. Since JP is so great that is.

Why?  It is a serious question.  Why not keep Travis cheaply, and get rid of Willis before his escalators kick in?  If JP is such a great QB, who isn't injury prone, and can avoid the sack, then we don't need to pay Willis' contract.  Travis at 1.25 per year is better than 3 million when we don't need those other skills.

241107[/snapback]

Speaking as one who has been on the same side as you on both issues, I would NOT want to do that to JP. Looking at TH's record as a starter, that would be placing JPs entire career in jepeordy.

As I have said before I was not enamored with Drew, but felt he was better than JP. We will know very quickly.  But based on what everyone here is saying, my analysis is correct.  We don't need Willis and the contract he has.  travis is all we need with Jp's scambling ability.  Everyone here says it so it must be true.  We can also let JJ go and plug Price in at LT, Tucker is good at guard.  Since JP is so great that is.

241116[/snapback]

I'd like to know who is actually saying these things...and it doesnt count if his name has "JP" in the title.

The only ones I actually see saying these things are VABills and Bill in NYC, as they've both elected themselves to the Straw Man committee.

241136[/snapback]

That is unfair Simon. Are you telling me that there is not a sizeable cadre of posters likening JP to superstar qbs?

Obviously, I do not include you because you have stated time and again that he is 50/50.

Seriously why not?  Everyone here thinks JP wil not get sacked at all this year, he is the next Mike Vick, only better. We don't need a back to block, pick up blitzes, catch, etc....  All we need is a human bowling ball.

241094[/snapback]

That's funny right there... not sacked at all this year? Has any QB ever done that?

Are you telling me that there is not a sizeable cadre of posters likening JP to superstar qbs?

No I don't see that at all. I do see people trying to be supportive and positive about his potential.

There might be one or two buffoons spewing nonsense about JP/JKelly/BFavre (as there are always one or two buffoons overreacting to any situation), but it seems to me that the vast majority of the posters here recognize that the kid is just a kid and its going to take him time to grow into his role, if/when he ever does.

For every post you find sayng that he's going to be a superstar QB, I think I could find 10 posts being cautiously optimistic in supporting him as a young Buffalo Bills QB.

Cya

No, I think the record is the Skins (Mark Rypien) in their SB year had either 7 or 9.

241167[/snapback]

Okay then, your setting unreal expectations that a new QB, with your offensive line (which I hear you all raving about), would take zero sacks for the year. Lets be honest here. You need to keep Willis.

No, I think the record is the Skins (Mark Rypien) in their SB year had either 7 or 9.

It must have been 7 because I think the record used to be 8, held by that old Cardinals line blocking for Jim Hart that had Dierdorf, Tom Banks and the inimitable Conrad Dobler (who is exactly the kind of guy the Bills could really use at LG).

Cya

Okay then, your setting unreal expectations that a new QB, with your offensive line (which I hear you all raving about), would take zero sacks for the year. Lets be honest here. You need to keep Willis.

241172[/snapback]

No, there are a large number of folks here claiming that JP is better then Kelly, comparing him to Montana, and athletism compared to Vick. With all those qualities, he should never or rarely be sacked. Plus the leg thing was afreak accident, it won't happen again. Again lets save the money and give it to JP so he'll give us 20 straight Super Bowls all by himself. We don't need the rest of the team.

No, there are a large number of folks here claiming that JP is better then Kelly, comparing him to Montana, and athletism compared to Vick.  With all those qualities, he should never or rarely be sacked.  Plus the leg thing was afreak accident, it won't happen again.  Again lets save the money and give it to JP so he'll give us 20 straight Super Bowls all by himself.  We don't need the rest of the team.

241178[/snapback]

OKAY ALREADY!!

This is starting to take on crusade proportions. What's your point? You didn't want Drew to leave? We got it the first 152 times.

No, there are a large number of folks here claiming that JP is better then Kelly, comparing him to Montana, and athletism compared to Vick.  With all those qualities, he should never or rarely be sacked.  Plus the leg thing was afreak accident, it won't happen again.  Again lets save the money and give it to JP so he'll give us 20 straight Super Bowls all by himself.  We don't need the rest of the team.

241178[/snapback]

The so-called experts are also comparing Tom Brady to Montana, and Brady has four seasons experience. Still think those experts are right?

VABills, it seems that you're taking comments from a few individuals and using them to judge the general population here.

I am quite sure that the majority of posters here do not think that JP is necessarily better than Drew right now. I do think that a great deal of us believe that with some experience JP will soon become much more effective than Drew. That experience will not come by holdng a clipboard and watching Drew fumble away another season.

I don't think this is saying much, but I do believe that we have a better chance at winning out of the gate with JP vice with Drew.

I wish Drew the best. I would be happy to see him have a good season with Dallas.

241178[/snapback]

"A large number of people" is just a gross exageration. You are talking about the very vocal minority. Just like the very local minority of Drew supporters.

Would it be fair if I said you and BillinNYC think that Drew is the greatest QB in the league and if it weren't for the line he would be taking us to SB's every year?

The comments I've read that include Kelly and Favre are nothing more than comparing his attitude and physical skills. This has nothing to do with how well he will actually play in the NFL. It's just a comparison of certain aspects of his game.

No, there are a large number of folks here claiming that JP is better then Kelly, comparing him to Montana, and athletism compared to Vick. 

241178[/snapback]

VA...I'm not going to claim I read every single post here, but I read through a lot and I don't see many people making statements like you have listed above. At the very least, I've made no statements like these and I feel they are all ridiculous statements to make considering the guy has never started an NFL game.

That being said...I feel TD has made the right decision and no I don't believe his decision was made based on fan opinion of DB. I am not sure if it was you who made this claim earlier or someone else.

Seriously why not?  Everyone here thinks JP wil not get sacked at all this year, he is the next Mike Vick, only better. We don't need a back to block, pick up blitzes, catch, etc....  All we need is a human bowling ball.

241094[/snapback]

Ummm, wake up, wasn't Vick sacked more than any other QB in the NFL this year?