The end of the first half…

Doc

forgive me if this is being discussed elsewhere, but at the end of the first half, didn't Clay go out of bounds and shouldn't clock have stopped because it was under five minutes? Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I don't think that his forward progress was stopped in the field of play and then he went out.

My understanding of the rule is this: If the player goes out of bounds while moving towards his own line of scrimmage, then the ref gives him forward progress to the furthest point upfield which was inbounds and the clock doesn't stop. If the player goes out of bounds going forward, then the out of bounds point is the furthest point upfield and the clock stops.

My understanding of the rule is this: If the player goes out of bounds while moving towards his own line of scrimmage, then the ref gives him forward progress to the furthest point upfield which was inbounds and the clock doesn't stop. If the player goes out of bounds going forward, then the out of bounds point is the furthest point upfield and the clock stops.

That's what they called, yes.

Speaking of that time frame: I thought that the Bills clock management was horrible there. They should have used a TO way earlier than they did, and they would have had ample more opportunity to go in for 6. Was sitting there wondering why they just wasted about 40-50 seconds of the last 2 minutes.