Titans fire Ken Whisenhunt

YoloinOhio

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ESPN_NFLNation

Seven guys the Titans should look at for the head coaching gig http://es.pn/1OovZoZ

proxy.jpg?t=HBhYaHR0cDovL2E0LmVzcG5jZG4u

The link doesn't work for me but Jackson is a strong candidate. I'm hoping that if we have an opening this offseason he'll be near the top of the list.

He was QB Coach under Harbaugh when Flacco became the first rookie in NFL history to win 2 playoff games. As OC with the Raiders his offense was 6th in the NFL in scoring, 10th in total yards and 2nd in rushing yards. Then he became the head man and started 7-4, finished 8-8 in a dysfunctional organization and had the rug pulled out from under him. Now he's doing good work with Dalton and company.

The link doesn't work for me but Jackson is a strong candidate. I'm hoping that if we have an opening this offseason he'll be near the top of the list.

He was QB Coach under Harbaugh when Flacco became the first rookie in NFL history to win 2 playoff games. As OC with the Raiders his offense was 6th in the NFL in scoring, 10th in total yards and 2nd in rushing yards. Then he became the head man and started 7-4, finished 8-8 in a dysfunctional organization and had the rug pulled out from under him. Now he's doing good work with Dalton and company.

By all accounts Jackson was a prime candidate in Buffalo this year, and I can't help but wonder what could have been. We'd likely have kept Schwartz at DC and have had a very good offensive mind running the show. Would we have pursued Taylor/Harvin/Clay/McCoy? Who knows.

He should have been top of our list last offseason - and indeed he thought he was and he might have been until they were wowed by Rex's bravado.

By all accounts Jackson was a prime candidate in Buffalo this year, and I can't help but wonder what could have been. We'd likely have kept Schwartz at DC and have had a very good offensive mind running the show. Would we have pursued Taylor/Harvin/Clay/McCoy? Who knows.

He should have been top of our list last offseason - and indeed he thought he was and he might have been until they were wowed by Rex's bravado.

Good point, I forgot how close we came. This is more the type of guy I'd be willing to commit to for multiple years and re-shape the roster for. A bright young mind with an impressive resume, including a playoff run under a quality coach (Harbaugh) and even a decent head coaching season of his own, who just hasn't gotten his opportunity yet. He's lighting it up in Cincinnati, showing he understands the new NFL. Meanwhile Rex' success came in another league at another time. If Rex produces say 7-8 wins and we give him a courtesy year, we probably miss this particular boat.