Steve Smith Out for the Season; Will Return for '16 Season

Is Steve Smith a FA. Would be great for him to be able to get on a SB contending team and go out on top. The guy is an awesome competitor. I hope he recovers quickly in any event (retirement or not). Bad way to end a career, but really is it a worse way than a heartbreaking loss for a competitor like him? (clearly being injured is worse, but for a guy who is a huge competitor and brings it every week, this season was not likely going to end w/ a SB win, so perhaps the injury has no bearing on his decision to return?)

@nflnetwork

Per @RapSheet: Officially, Steve Smith Sr. has not made a firm decision on retiring this season

CS2Kr2lUsAE0t3P.jpg

Imo that "go out how they want to be remembered" is way over stated. Guys either want to keep playing or they don't. The king of "go out how I want to" Michael Jordan had his chance with championahip winner he poetically hit against Utah. And instead later to chose to come back and wallow in suckitude with the wizards. In smiths case hes not even assured he makes a roster even if he tried coming back Edited by JTSP

• 1 month later...

Everyone who has ever doubted Steve Smith has been proven wrong. But feel free . . .

i am not at al doubting himm butnwe need aikens skillset at his cost more than smitty

Didn't we have Aiken? Once again, that's why it's dumb to make snap judgments on young players.

we did. He was back when we had enough average talent he was expandable. It took him while to come in to his own.

• 2 months later...