My 10 cents on the game

BmarvB

1) Great comeback, but way too many mistakes. 4 Turnovers - 2 went for TD's. You're not supposed to win like that.

2) EJ is Jeckyl and Hyde. Sometimes he's good, and other times he looks like he belongs under the bench.

3) I don't agree with having an inconsistent right handed QB rolling out to the left to pass in such a critical situation like that in the 4th.

4) Penalties weren't as bad as we're used to, but the ones they did get called for hurt.

5) D-line pressure was much better this time. Just wasn't enough.

6) I thought they should have ran Shady on 3rd and 4th down (if necessary) with such a short distance to go. He would have got it.

7) Penalty on Robey was highly questionable, but then again, we know how those calls are going to go.

8) We need our injured guys back badly. The bye week is badly needed.

9) Can't put this loss all on EJ, he dug them out of the hole he put them in. Defense didn't close it out. It was a team loss all the way even though he was the big #1 contributor to the loss.

10) Not counting them out yet. They'll win the next 2 before falling again in New England to go 5-5 after 10 games.

Edited by BmarvB

no, we can blame this one on EJ.

Not all of it, but yes putting them in a hole in the first half is on him. On the filp side, he does deserve credit for bringing them back to take the lead that the defense couldn't hold.

1) Great comeback, but way too many mistakes. 4 Turnovers - 2 went for TD's. You're not supposed to win like that.

2) EJ is Jeckyl and Hyde. Sometimes he's good, and other times he looks like he belongs under the bench.

3) I don't agree with having an inconsistent right handed QB rolling out to the left to pass in such a critical situation like that in the 4th.

4) Penalties weren't as bad as we're used to, but the ones they did get called for hurt.

6) I thought they should have ran Shady on 3rd and 4th down (if necessary) with such a short distance to go. He would have got it.

7) Penalty on Robey was highly questionable, but then again, we know how those calls are going to go.

9) Can't put this loss all on EJ, he dug them out of the hole he put them in. Defense didn't close it out. It was a team loss all the way

10) Not counting them out yet. They'll win the next 2 before falling again in New England to go 5-5 after 10 games.

They will not win the next two. They will lose to Miami for sure. This season has been a disaster and I don't see any end in sight.

cant blame this one on ej? 3 turnovers by him and 2 returned touchdowns....

All three resulted in TD's.

9) Can't put this loss all on EJ, he dug them out of the hole he put them in. Defense didn't close it out. It was a team loss all the way

You can keep the change.

Not all of it, but yes putting them in a hole in the first half is on him. On the filp side, he does deserve credit for bringing them back to take the lead that the defense couldn't hold.

Oh they held. The refs couldn't hold on to the flag

I said it can't ALL be put on him. That's only because he did get them back in the game and got us the lead despite himself. Yes he's the reason we went so far behind in the first place, but give him credit for his part in bringing the team back too.

cant blame this one on ej? 3 turnovers by him and 2 returned touchdowns....

I've been an EJ supporter but I agree with this.

Ball security is the biggest thing you want from your QB. The Jags scored 20 points on EJ's TOs; 14 points on the actual plays.

If EJ had led the team to victory anyway, then you could say he redeemed himself. But he didn't And even if he had it would have been a case of making an easy game more difficult than it needed to be.

Sure Shady's fumble hurt; a dropped pass or two hurt; a couple defensive breakdowns hurt, the phantom call on Robey hurt; certainly all our injuries hurt... But if you had to lay the blame on one guy: it would be EJ.

I think EJ was unfairly blamed last week. This week he really was the goat.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I've been an EJ supporter but I agree with this.

Ball security is the biggest thing you want from your QB. The Jags scored 20 points on EJ's TOs; 14 points on the actual plays.

If EJ had led the team to victory anyway, then you could say he redeemed himself. But he didn't And even if he had it would have been a case of making an easy game more difficult than it needed to be.

Sure Shady's fumble hurt; a dropped pass or two hurt; a couple defensive breakdowns hurt, the phantom call on Robey hurt; certainly all our injuries hurt... But if you had to lay the blame on one guy: it would be EJ.

I think EJ was unfairly blamed last week. This week he really was the goat.

I'm an EJ suporter too but yeah, he really sucked this time. Had we won, the headlines would read 'EJ recovers from 1st half meltdown, and Graham gets pick 6 to lead team to a come from behind victory'. Since it didn't happen, he's still the goat of the game despite bringing them back. There were other contributors to the loss but there's no denying that his play in the first half was the big #1.