How Can Any Self Respecting Person Identify

I don't think your list of 10 items is the democratic platform, in the same way that a statement like "SCREW THE POOR!" or "TO HELL WITH THE ENVIRONMENT!" are part of the republican platform.

Anyway, banning smoking in bars is one of the best things that has happened to NYS in the past decade. :-)

Dont get me wrong. I have huge issues with both Bush and the republican party, but let's take a look at the dems major causes and characteristics....

Platforms:

1) Anti-war at any cost.

2) Anti-business, radical environmentalists.

3) Tax Increases

4) Gay Marriages

5) Anti-smoking in bars.

6) Legalize marijuana

7) Anti-law enforcement for the most part.

8) Militant vegetarians.

9) Last second abortions.

10) The newest one..."Let's Pretend that we are Conservative"

239846[/snapback]

Screw people's rights....my clothes don't stink when I come home from the bars anymore.  Let's talk about priorities.

:rolleyes:

242134[/snapback]

Since when do plastic cups wear clothing?

And I thought your home IS the bar?

Dont get me wrong. I have huge issues with both Bush and the republican party, but let's take a look at the dems major causes and characteristics....

Platforms:

1) Anti-war at any cost.

2) Anti-business, radical environmentalists.

3) Tax Increases

4) Gay Marriages

5) Anti-smoking in bars.

6) Legalize marijuana

7) Anti-law enforcement for the most part.

8) Militant vegetarians.

9) Last second abortions.

10) The newest one..."Let's Pretend that we are Conservative"

Ever heard of steryotypes?

"Irish are drunks", "Blacks are lazy", "Mexicans are thieves", "Jewish people worship money", "Orientals can't drive", "Polocks are stupid", "Police are corrupt and love donuts", etc. etc. oh yeah and "Democrats are liberal while Republicans are conservative" etc. etc.

The better question is: Have you ever heard of masculine bovine excrement? :w00t:

I'll take a pass on an a guy who believes that we should follow the original constructions of the framers, and does not see a right to privacy in the Constitution.

Still, Bork would be better than the 3-4 people we're likely to get, i.e., the mediocrity that will be able to get through the US Congress approval process (see e.g., Clarence Thomas).

242083[/snapback]

I missed this post. My daughter had a professor with every degree one can imagine. Ivy undergrad and Law School, Oxford.....everything. Interestingly, he is a liberal. His opinion of the Bork issue was simalar you your own, although a bit more flattering to the judge.

He stated that Bork was super-qualified, and it was flat out wrong to not confirm him. His opinion of Thomas was not at all high, and he went as far as to suggest that Bush Sr. put him up as a way of screwing the dems that went against Bork.

We will never know, but I dont think that Bork would have been so "radical." Didn't he write more than 1,100 decisions on the bench, none of which were overturned?

I would strongly urge you to read his book. Scary yes, but I am sure that you would like it, even if you dont particularly care for his views. One thing is certain, Judge Bork is a truly brilliant human being.

I missed this post. My daughter had a professor with every degree one can imagine. Ivy undergrad and Law School, Oxford.....everything. Interestingly, he is a liberal. His opinion of the Bork issue was simalar you your own, although a bit more flattering to the judge.

He stated that Bork was super-qualified, and it was flat out wrong to not confirm him. His opinion of Thomas was not at all high, and he went as far as to suggest that Bush Sr. put him up as a way of screwing the dems that went against Bork.

We will never know, but I dont think that Bork would have been so "radical." Didn't he write more than 1,100 decisions on the bench, none of which were overturned?

I would strongly urge you to read his book. Scary yes, but I am sure that you would like it, even if you dont particularly care for his views. One thing is certain, Judge Bork is a truly brilliant human being.

244520[/snapback]

I never meant to imply Bork was unqualified or should not have been confirmed. He was both qualified and he should have been confirmed. What's happening with blocking judicial appointees is making a weak, understaffed judiciary. It's terrible. I didn't love Bork, but he should have been appointed. What happened to Thomas during his confirmation (the Anita Hill crap) sticks with me as one of the most embarrassing moments in Congressional history. Congressional "vetting" of judicial nominees serves as a good check to presidential power, but the pettiness of Republicans and Democrats hurts the system. The only person who survives confirmation is a milktoast mamby pamby judge, which is not what we need.