Keep Calm: Get to the bye at 4-3 (and other positives)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt this Jags game looms huge. They've got to find a way to get some mojo, and I think the defensive schemes have to change. I just think Rex is too arrogant to ever change them. If so, I really hope the franchise realizes it, and his tenure is one and done.

The problem, at its root, is that Rex wants to force opposing QBs into the quick release throws, thinking that he can limit the plays that opposing OCs can run.

That doesn't work when your LBs and safeties can't anticipate plays quickly enough and/or cannot close/tackle when they do.

Yes.....which indicates that somewhere along the line Rex has forgotten the overall effect of hitting the QB.

When you are in the QB's face all day more often than not it leads to errant throws and rushed decisions.....particularly later in the game.

The Eagles had Eli looking like a rookie at times last night.

And we've seen this before from Eli.

But when he plays the Bills we get treated to the "well he's a great QB" excuse.

Is Andy Dalton a great QB? Well according to the talking heads after this game he is great.

Dalton just had a really comfortable day in the pocket and was able to execute pitch and catch with his playmakers.

I know why he may have thought max coverage was the right play......the Seahawks are a pretty straight forward attacking defense and the Bengals put up a lot of points on them the week before.

But that was AT HOME......and the Seahawks are struggling.

Bad call Rex.

But when he plays the Bills we get treated to the "well he's a great QB" excuse.

Is Andy Dalton a great QB? Well according to the talking heads after this game he is great.

Dalton just had a really comfortable day in the pocket and was able to execute pitch and catch with his playmakers.

FWIW. I wouldn't dismiss Dalton so quickly as he has been pretty good during the regular season. It is the post season where he has failed. had his difficulties.

Also, his stats this season are well above his average from the prior 3 or 4 seasons.

I needed to edit the harshness of the post season comment.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

FWIW. I wouldn't dismiss Dalton so quickly as he has been pretty good during the regular season. It is the post season where he has failed.

Also, his stats this season are well above his average from the prior 3 or 4 seasons.

he is absolutely having an all-pro type season.

he is absolutely having an all-pro type season.

So is Eli......who was shut down by the Eagles Monday night.

So is Aaron Rodgers.....who the Bills dominated last season when he actually had his full complement of receivers.

Two future hall of famers in their prime.......like............Andy Dalton?

Nothing against the Red Rifle but not playing well against a good QB at home when you have that much talent on D and a relatively supportive offense is not as acceptable as some here seem to think.

I think Dalton might be like Gannon who needs time in the league before his full potential is seen; he may be a Hall of Fame QB by end of his career but the standards are a lot lighter for QBs.

he has good to very good his whole career but never great. The fact he has made the playoffs every single year, especially in that division, is darn impressive. This appears to be the year that he has taken it to the next level. He's been amazing. But the proof will be in whether he can win a playoff game. No matter what he does before that.

I think Dalton might be like Gannon who needs time in the league before his full potential is seen; he may be a Hall of Fame QB by end of his career but the standards are a lot lighter for QBs.

Replace a blank with Dalton's name.

How many possibilities could be used?

Nothing against the Red Rifle but not playing well against a good QB at home when you have that much talent on D and a relatively supportive offense is not as acceptable as some here seem to think.

That is not a rock solid example in my opinion.

I have seen a number of not so great "backups" play and win against teams with better (great) QB's over the years. It is why they play the games. On any given Sunday.

Edited by NOVABillsFan