OT: Valentine's Day Proposal Gone Bad

SilverNRed

We had the same type of thing happen at work. I guy brought in a violin player, dozens of flowers and spread the word that he would be doing this in the outside entrance. About 200 people watched the except same scenario. How dense can someone be, if there is any doubt, why propose at all... let alone in front of an audience. One can only think that they hoped an audience would help sway the decision. It takes all kinds...

My boss was at that game. Said at first the audience was all stunned, as everyone was pulling for the guy. He said after three more times showing them on the Jumbo-tron, it was rather obvious that it was a skit.

edit: correction, my boss was at the Heat game. Sorry. But same thing happened, and it was staged.

--or a Keanu Reeves movie.

239837[/snapback]

worst. actor. ever.

Which is why I can not understand why people love that crappy movie The Matrix.

The idea that we are all in pods, and this "life" is just a figment, a computer redering? Wow. That would be a great idea to think about when your stoned out of your mind. But just because the idea is thought provoking doesn't mean a 2 hour movie about it with awful acting is good.

worst. actor. ever.

Which is why I can not understand why people love that crappy movie The Matrix.

The idea that we are all in pods, and this "life" is just a figment, a computer redering? Wow. That would be a great idea to think about when your stoned out of your mind. But just because the idea is thought provoking doesn't mean a 2 hour movie about it with awful acting is good.

239844[/snapback]

Yeah, but in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure... he wasn't acting...

Where is your softheart, the love, your sympathy?  You are a hater.

239817[/snapback]

AD may be a cold-hearted prick sometimes :D but he is absolutely right in this instance. It seems to me that there would be nothing less romantic than proposing to someone in such a public way! They should do a study on these things, I would love to know how many instances where the proposee backs out, after saying yes!