Fiedler?

Fiedler?  Does anyone remember him playing in Buffalo in the winter?  He is awful.  Garcia would be a better fit, but he thinks he is a starter and would never come into Buffalo knowing the rookie had the upper hand on getting the starting job.  I still don't see what the rush is to get Losman on the field.  He is not ready, and Drew is not done.  Stay the course.

239697[/snapback]

actually, i remember fiedler playing flawlessly in buffalo in december 2000 in frigid weather, a game that miami won 33-6. i also remember him playing very well in december 2003 against buffalo in buffalo, a game that the fins won by 20-3. he also won at buffalo in november 2001 in horrible rainy conditions by a score of 34-27. the fins lost in late november, 2002, but ray lucas was the qb who stunk it up for them despite ricky williams running for over 200 yards.

actually, i remember fiedler playing flawlessly in buffalo in december 2000 in frigid weather, a game that miami won 33-6.  i also remember him playing very well in december 2003 against buffalo in buffalo, a game that the fins won by 20-3. he also won at buffalo in november 2001 in horrible rainy conditions by a score of 34-27. the fins lost in late november, 2002, but ray lucas was the qb who stunk it up for them despite ricky williams running for over 200 yards.

240145[/snapback]

I wouldn't use games against defenses who were mentally whipped before they ever hit the field as a gauge. The Fiedler of 2005 isn't the Fiedler of 2000, 2001, or even 2003. He's picked up alot of mileage over the last couple of seasons and his noodle arm would look REALLY bad in a regular OP wind. He looks beaten to me.

I wouldn't use games against defenses who were mentally whipped before they ever hit the field as a gauge.  The Fiedler of 2005 isn't the Fiedler of 2000, 2001, or even 2003.  He's picked up alot of mileage over the last couple of seasons and his noodle arm would look REALLY bad in a regular OP wind.  He looks beaten to me.

240153[/snapback]

perhaps, but remember that we're looking for a backup, not a starter - a smart guy with experience who might not have a great arm but can still manage a game. fiedler is certainly a better player than shane matthews, and was the starting qb on a winning team every year from 2000-2003.

perhaps, but remember that we're looking for a backup, not a starter - a smart guy with experience who might not have a great arm but can still manage a game. fiedler is certainly a better player than shane matthews, and was the starting qb on a winning team every year from 2000-2003.

240161[/snapback]

I'm not so sure he can. Like I said, he looks beaten to me and I don't know that the current veterans on our team would follow him.

For the record - I think Matthews sucks but he sure threw a nice pass to Evans against the Niners.

What are the chances Fiedler will be released?  He appears to have worn out his welcome in Miami, but can be productive.

He could be the type of QB the Bills are looking for, with Bledsoe departing.

239465[/snapback]

He has been reliable in the past. He makes a lot of plays, and his determination can't be overlooked. If he's available, get him as a backup.

actually, i remember fiedler playing flawlessly in buffalo in december 2000 in frigid weather, a game that miami won 33-6.  i also remember him playing very well in december 2003 against buffalo in buffalo, a game that the fins won by 20-3. he also won at buffalo in november 2001 in horrible rainy conditions by a score of 34-27. the fins lost in late november, 2002, but ray lucas was the qb who stunk it up for them despite ricky williams running for over 200 yards.

240145[/snapback]

The guy played in college in a climate that would make Buffalo winds seem like balmy breezes

The guy played in college in a climate that would make Buffalo winds seem like balmy breezes

240198[/snapback]

So? Are you saying passing success against Ivy League teams is the same as the NFL? I'm guessing the pass rush and defensive backs may not have been quite good enough to expose his noodle arm - and this is before taking 9 years of punishment.

So?  Are you saying passing success against Ivy League teams is the same as the NFL? .

240209[/snapback]

If that were so, then Alex Van Pelt would have broken all of Dan Marino's NFL records.

Don't forget also that the Ivy League season ends in mid-November. Hanover before Thanksgiving ain't Buffalo at Christmas.

The other thing you people are overlooking is that for some unfathomable reason, Fiedler still thinks he can start in this league. I don't want some jerkoff coming in here with a chip on his shoulder from the years he was stuck on the bench or in another country thinking he's going to make up for lost time by starting in his dotage -- and in so doing hurt the development of the guy who's supposed to be the starter. I already saw that movie and it sucked the first time.

The other thing you people are overlooking is that for some unfathomable reason, Fiedler still thinks he can start in this league.  I don't want some jerkoff coming in here with a chip on his shoulder from the years he was stuck on the bench or in another country thinking he's going to make up for lost time by starting in his dotage -- and in so doing hurt the development of the guy who's supposed to be the starter.  I already saw that movie and it sucked the first time.

240223[/snapback]

Do you want someone who doesn't think he's capable of starting?

So?  Are you saying passing success against Ivy League teams is the same as the NFL?  I'm guessing the pass rush and defensive backs may not have been quite good enough to expose his noodle arm - and this is before taking 9 years of punishment.

240209[/snapback]

Of course not, snapperhead. The Ivy league lower level Division I-AA NON-SCHOLARSHIP league full of "tweeners" very few of whom were offered I-A scholarships.

I was just commenting that Fiedler should be used to throwing frozen footballs with frozen hands and boogar icicles hanging off his nose