NFL Rule Book finally made available to the public

Freddie's Dead

At long last, the NFL has published its rules and made them available to the public. Grab them here:

http://uaasnfl.blob.core.windows.net/live/1807/2015_nfl_rule_book_final.pdf

Thanks for posting. Based on this, I now understand why Charles Clay was called for a chop block in week 1 (assuming they thought Henderson was the "lure"). However, I do not understand how Julian Edelman's constant "baiting" is not a penalty in accordance with Rule 12, Article 3, Section 1, which states that Unsportsmanlike Conduct includes "Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams."

Wow... Theres going to be a new invasion of really smart people with an abundance of free time who memorize this thing in a week and start pointing out all the loopholes, and common errors, etc...

Its gonna be like the PGA where people spot penalties and call in hahah I

I love it. Down with football!

Thanks for posting. Based on this, I now understand why Charles Clay was called for a chop block in week 1 (assuming they thought Henderson was the "lure"). However, I do not understand how Julian Edelman's constant "baiting" is not a penalty in accordance with Rule 12, Article 3, Section 1, which states that Unsportsmanlike Conduct includes "Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams."

I agree 100%. If I was on the field I would argue that any retaliation from an opposing player is NOT the retaliators fault, rather the offender causing the "Ill will".

(g) Using the ball or any other object including pylons, goal posts, or crossbars, as a prop.

I would extend this to even spiking the ball and Kelce's DK Punch. Is the ball not a prop? I am not entertained.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

I wrote several Emails to the NFL on this topic. I found it odd that they were the only major sport that did not make the rules available to the general public. Grab them now before they take them down again.

There was no lure there, Henderson was at least a yard behind Clay. That's one where we need the Casebook, which is never public, only available to the refs. In baseball, it was like 5 inches thick with examples of rules applications in real games. Without that, it's hard to figure out "lure".

For me, it explained the illegal shift on the Cheats. If Gronk and Edelman are both moving at the same time, they both have to stop. Only one person can go in motion and remain in motion until the snap, otherwise, they both have to come to a 1-second stop before the snap.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

His mere presence on the gridiron is baiting to me. Perhaps he should be banned! :)

It's funny how much I dislike him. I don't even dislike Gronk that much.

I dislike the little man about as much as I disliked Spikes...until he came here!

I wrote several Emails to the NFL on this topic. I found it odd that they were the only major sport that did not make the rules available to the general public. Grab them now before they take them down again.

There was no lure there, Henderson was at least a yard behind Clay. That's one where we need the Casebook, which is never public, only available to the refs. In baseball, it was like 5 inches thick with examples of real world examples for the rules. Without that, it's hard to figure out lure.

For me, it explained the illegal shift on the Cheats. If Gronk and Edelman are both moving at the same time, they both have to stop. Only one person can go in motion and remain in motion until the snap, otherwise, they both have to come to a 1-second stop before the snap.

I learned the interpretation of that back during the Redskins heyday. Do you remember how many shifts Gibbs would run through before the snap? It was like a transformer folding itself into a vehicle, on EVERY down. They'd "shift" all backs/receivers almost every down and back then your lineman couldn't wiggle in their stance. It was quite the display of discipline by the Hogs.