Hedge Fund Manager raises price of HIV drug 5000%

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that a guy takes over a company, jacks up prices on people who need the drug, making it impossible for people to afford his fee, and he's a scumbag.

But the Democrats takes over health insurance, jack up costs on people who need the coverage, making it impossible for people to afford their new deductible, and the left calls it progress.

Is it any wonder you need to gather in groups just to call each other intelligent.

Interesting that a guy takes over a company, jacks up prices on people who need the drug, making it impossible for people to afford his fee, and he's a scumbag.

But the Democrats takes over health insurance, jack up costs on people who need the coverage, making it impossible for people to afford their new deductible, and the left calls it progress.

Is it any wonder you need to gather in groups just to call each other intelligent.

Is that what happens? Gees, and here I thought the Dems made it possible for millions and millions to simply get health care they would never get. Medicare? Democrats passed that. Medicade? Yup, Democrats. And now Obamacare? Yup. Democrats

Bush got us the Prescription Drug Plan that costs over a trillion bucks, don't here any Tea Partiers screaming about that....

Yawn, such a lame argument...

Okay. Let's make this for the under nine crowd.

Please pull out the part of the signed law which addresses how ACA specifically handles treatment for someone's migraines.

What part of the ACA explains its procedure for caring for head lacerations?

Who do you call at ACA to arrange for your abortion? Pre-natal checkups? Do they have an 800 number or a building with doctors and nurses on call?

Does ACA do house calls? Do they detail your diet if you have high blood pressure?

Surely, if ACA is about health care, it specifically addresses all of these things, no?

Edited by LABillzFan

Okay. Let's make this for the under nine crowd.

Please pull out the part of the signed law which addresses how ACA specifically handles treatment for someone's migraines.

What part of the ACA explains its procedure for caring for head lacerations?

Who do you call at ACA to arrange for your abortion? Pre-natal checkups? Do they have an 800 number or a building with doctors and nurses on call?

Does ACA do house calls? Do they detail your diet if you have high blood pressure?

Surely, if ACA is about health care, it specifically addresses all of these things, no?

Why would it have to specifically mention those things? It still provides for health care.

What if they can't afford the deductible? How do they get healthcare?

What if you can't get to the doctor? What if no doctor takes your plan? What if you can't get an appointment? What if your insurance refuses to pay for your care? What if the doctor is legally prohibited from providing you care?

All things I've seen first-hand in the past year.

What if you can't get to the doctor? What if no doctor takes your plan? What if you can't get an appointment? What if your insurance refuses to pay for your care? What if the doctor is legally prohibited from providing you care?

All things I've seen first-hand in the past year.

What if you die before you get to the doctor????

sure, exactly equivalent. one of my liberal colleagues recently emailed a "thou shalt not" list for logical fallacies. ten commandment style - something you could relate to. doubt it would help you but i'll have a quick look.

not exactly the same but close enough: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/. Merry Christmas

Edited by birdog1960

sure, exactly equivalent. one of my liberal colleagues recently emailed a "thou shalt not" list for logical fallacies. ten commandment style - something you could relate to. doubt it would help you but i'll have a quick look.

not exactly the same but close enough: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/. Merry Christmas

One would think, given this, that you'd be far less prone to such fallacies yourself.

One would think, given this, that you'd be far less prone to such fallacies yourself.

perhaps you would be as well. you and the rest of the chorus might pay particular attention to ambiguity, special pleading, burden of proof, loaded question (chef is especially proficient here), black and white and ad hominem. let's aim for some clean fights in the new year. cheers!

perhaps you would be as well. you and the rest of the chorus might pay particular attention to ambiguity, special pleading, burden of proof, loaded question (chef is especially proficient here), black and white and ad hominem. let's aim for some clean fights in the new year. cheers!

While I'll echo your desires for better quality discussions; the rest I can't abide.

I'm certainly not a part of any chorus. I don't think you'll find many regular contributors here that I haven't had major disagreements with. I'm also particularly careful to make sure my arguments are logical and logically consistent; as it's far more important to me that I'm making the correct argument than winning a dick waving contest on the internet.

Then they don't get their boo boo looked at. But how does this mean that millions haven't gotten health care under the ACA? :blink:

I didn't say that. So because of high deductibles with their insurance people can't get healthcare or get their boo boo looked at. Is this correct?