Week 3: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

I always rip on Tannehill for not throwing more than 4 yards, but I honestly haven't seen him play this year (and I know he has put up some good yardage games). So, maybe I am totally off, and he now is utilizing his WR's to throw downfield. But I guess I will have to see it to believe it.

I have heard Parker is the real deal too.

Tannehill is an offense that wants to get the ball out quick and the use of short passes opens up things down the field. Its sort of like the Eagles and Patriots offense combined. It depends on what you mean by down the field also, we don't call a lot of deep routes because the OL doesn't give Tannehill/WRs enough time for the play to develop or the receiver isn't open. He has completed 7 20+ yard passes so far and missed maybe three others.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tannehill is an offense that wants to get the ball out quick and the use of short passes opens up things down the field. Its sort of like the Eagles and Patriots offense combined. It depends on what you mean by down the field also, we don't call a lot of deep routes because the OL doesn't give Tannehill/WRs enough time for the play to develop or the receiver isn't open. He has completed 7 20+ yard passes so far and missed maybe three others.

thanks Mrs. Tannehill! ;) Edited by YoloinOhio

Thanks; this is helpful info. I think what makes Brady so good in his offense is his ability to make quick reads and his ability to throw downfield (which I would define as more than 20 yards through the air)-- which keeps teams honest.

If I am defending tanehill, I blitz and play right bump and run, and dare him to beat me deep. You can't do that against Brady, without getting burned.

Thanks; this is helpful info. I think what makes Brady so good in his offense is his ability to make quick reads and his ability to throw downfield (which I would define as more than 20 yards through the air)-- which keeps teams honest.

If I am defending tanehill, I blitz and play right bump and run, and dare him to beat me deep. You can't do that against Brady, without getting burned.

Similar to the Dolphins offense nonetheless. Brady's OL usually does their job and he is able to complete the pass while Tannehill's doesn't get that opportunity; last week's game was the most I've ever seen Tannehill improvise out of the pocket and that was against a Jaguars team missing their two starting DL. Again, the Dolphins offense is predicated on short passes. They may attempt a deep pass twice a game but the majority of the plays are curls, crossers, and comebacks.

does Tannehill play all 11 positions ?? .... :flirt:

This is likely about Aaron not playing this week. I've been a fan of Meeks since watching him at camp and in limited preseason time. I always liked him better than Duke. Hopefully he runs with this opportunity and challenges Duke for a position on the 46.

Captain Obvious just called, he wants to give you his red commander's jacket back ..... :nana:

I actually think that the run blocking was mostly solid on Sunday. They blew NE off the ball on the first series, when plays were coming from under center and with a rhythm-style running attack. When they went to the inside zone stuff is when the run game was ineffective IMO. So much of the running game is about timing; Roman needs to get comfortable with what approaches result in the best timing for this offense and stick to them (primarily--nothing wrong with throwing some wrinkles into the mix to keep teams honest).

Pass pro has been less than stellar. I'm hoping that'll get better with experience and the return of Kromer. I do, however, think that Taylor caused some of his own protection problems on Sunday.

fair post.

I am thinking still that TT got his schooling, wet himself a bit, then again, it dried up and he kept on.

Stay hydrated TT its going to be hot down there with that defense. Ice in the shorts would do you well!

If he stays collected Roman will let him roll.

and there is no way the defense front does not run some "psycho" formations and bring the pressure

Captain Obvious just called, he wants to give you his red commander's jacket back ..... :nana:

:lol:

I actually added that first line after I had written my Meeks>Duke post and realized that it probably had more to do with Aaron.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Why because he picked the Dolphins?

I don't think Miamis a playoff team but they aren't a bad team either. Probably right around where they were last year, a .500 football team.

Despite their loss last week Tannehill has looked good so far this season, Taylor has been inconsistent and he's on the road this week. As Prisco mentioned it's Miamis home opener. Our defense got torched last week with a completely clueless game plan and we were extremely undisciplined which seems to be a trend with Rex Ryan teams.

It's going to be a tough game and id be somewhat surprised if we pulled it out.

again with the losing?

I'd certainly agree with the "tough " game. but surprised if we pulled it out? Pffhhttt

hell i will pull it out right now. surprised!

Edited by 3rdand12