Gilmore on Gronkowski

Agent 91

Sorry JM57

:lol: You clearly didn't watch the last quarter of the '14 season where Gilmore was arguably a top 3 CB in the NFL. And his performance against the Colts was outstanding, all pro type performance. To say so isn't wearing rose colored glasses, it's just reality.

So you sayin that being a 10th overall pick and in the last quarter of his 3rd year he was a top CB in the league. To me that is just doing his job.

JM57, thank you for putting me on that meaningless list of yours and keep on rockin in the free world. ( BTW, when will I see you on the sidelines? )

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two most important players on the Gronk factor tomorrow

- Manny Lawson.....many is the only bills player on our team that has both coverage ability AND has the size in order to affect Gronk.....he should be involved all day in bracketing Gronk has he comes off the line wherever he is at.

- Marcel D. .......while our DE's will no doubt create pressure from the outside......Brady will then want to slightly climb the pocket to buy a couple of precious seconds keeping his eyes downfield. When he does this he needs to run right into Marcel and his loving grasp. Brady needs to be made to be REALLY uncomfortable in the pocket forcing him to get rid of the ball fast....which means short throws....which we need to make sure we are surely tackled with no run after catch OR knock the ball away OR create the turnover

And then we need our DL to shut down their running game

THis is when they even have the ball which we should ensure they dont by long time consuming drives with points at the end of those drives.

Physical? Since when did holding jerseys and avoiding tackles become physical?

Rose coloured glasses for sure.

Gilmore is in year 4. He is there, making the plays that are asked of him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Methinks you need to learn more football.....so that you can understand what you are watching.

Gilmore is a EXTREMEY physical corner.....aside from that dropped int last week he played exactly how you would want from a pro bowl corner

Edited by John from Hemet

Then uses practice to make his case lol. Ive never seen Gilmore avoid making a tackle. That's one of my favorite things about him. He will come up and tag someone in run support

I used one video that I saw awhile ago. Gilmore has been notorious for holding penalties and missing some easy plays. At the same time he has made some good plays.

Can you read? He is just doing what is expected of him. Nothing close of a Revis or Sherman.

I used one video that I saw awhile ago. Gilmore has been notorious for holding penalties and missing some easy plays. At the same time he has made some good plays.

Can you read? He is just doing what is expected of him. Nothing close of a Revis or Sherman.

"Can you read?" Yea I read the nonsense you posted, that's why I responded. Gilmore is absolutely a physical corner.

That isn't really up for debate. Physical football players generally get called for penalties more than others, it's something he's had to adjust to

coming out of college where corners are allowed to be a little more physical.

"Can you read?" Yea I read the nonsense you posted, that's why I responded. Gilmore is absolutely a physical corner.

That isn't really up for debate. Physical football players generally get called for penalties more than others, it's something he's had to adjust to

coming out of college where corners are allowed to be a little more physical.

No, no, don't you get it. He's just "doing his job" since he was picked at 10. :lol::lol:

Have you watched his first 3 years?

Again, he is there doing his job. He gets beat sometimes and breaks up plays the other times. Im not knocking him. Its just funny to see the rose coloured glasses.

Save this thread please. He will not make a probowl. If so, I will eat crow.

Gilmore getting schooled by Watkins:

Yeah, no way is Gilmore physical enough for Gronk...

http://m.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Stephon-Gilmore-breaks-up-long-pass-to-Gronkowski/7301efd9-a9dc-4bde-8c93-fc3b90616a25

Not one person in here said anything close to this

Oh well, to each there own. I think hes ok, that is about it. Hopefully this year, he will change my mind.

Lets talk about this topic after the game. I will be around and if he has a good game, the Bills have a good chance of winning.

Edited by fredex22

You're on a roll in this thread, it's a silly stance to make but I'll ask a followup:

What would Gilmore need to do on the field to play better? Give me specifics.

Actually......I would like to see more interceptions.

It does not take away from the fact that Gilmore is a VERY good corner.....but if he could come up with a few picks that would probably get him in the pro bow