New team - levitre still terrible

thewza

I'm with you on the being bold but I think it got out of hand.......especially when McCoy demanded a new contract when the only trade value he really had was because of a pre-paid signing bonus that lessened his cap hit.

Because the Bills are not spending a lot of money at the qb position like a lot of good teams they have more cap flexibility, especially if they believe that this deal is not a long term deal. I agree with you that there are reasonable concerns that he is on the downside of his career. Based on some of the stats you referenced it is a warranted concern. But even when a player is on a downward trajectory it doesn't mean that that particular player can't make a difference. McCoy's running skills may have eroded somewhat but he is still a big threat catching swing passes. A big play is a big play.

When you have a conviction that a particular player can make a difference and help get you over the hump then you act within reason to get the deal done. Did Whaley overreach in this case? Possibly so. Did Whaley overreach in the move up deal to get Watkins? Maybe so. However, taking a risk when your window of opportunity is open for a franchise with a dismal past is worth taking.

No one expects all the transactions that a GM makes will work out. It is the nature of the beast. But isn't it refreshing that this franchise is led by someone who has some imagination and creativity instead of acting in the staid and boring way that this historically invisible franchise has operated in?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Richie had a great game.

He did for sure. best of the five with Glenn trailing him by a nose.

About Levitre -- this started as a statement that he's still terrible. He was NOT terrible when he was with the Bills. In fact he was pretty good, and his departure set the entire Bills' offense back. It wasn't his fault Tennessee offered him way more than he was worth. It could be that he looked better in Buffalo than Tennessee, which seems to happen to a lot of former Bills who leave in free agency, reflecting I suppose that the schemes they're using, how good the players around him are, injuries, and so on. If the Bills had decided to match the offer for Levitre, I don't think the Dareus extension would have been possible.

It really was a money thing and then a scheme change from Chans design.

Would have liked to have kept him. But it well might have been unrewarded money spent under Marrone anyways.

By the way why do some of you turn a reasonable discussion about a specific subject matter into an argument about something else?

Over and over again. How about you folks start a thread thats says " I am right , and you are not because" Then the other can do the same.

This is about Andy isnt it?

wowsers. step back a moment please

The slant is yours.

ACL's are not career ending injuries. They aren't even career threatening any longer.

As for his age.......who cares? It's the mileage on the entire body when it comes to RB's. He isn't a physical back so getting tackled 600+ times the past two season isn't the same as a DeMarco Murray doing the same.......but he also isn't a 230# RB who can withstand that either.

I wasn't against adding McCoy......i KNOW they needed a feature RB......but all things considered they should have got him for a late round pick and they shouldn't have re-done his deal. Instead they traded Alonso for his negotiating rights. :doh:

I really think that the bills didnt overthink this like fans do

Whaley "I can trade a defensive asset to improve the offense because I have a young stud MLB now"

And I hate delving into this too much because it ends up downgrading a player to justify a player.....I want Kiko to do well but

- TWO knee injuries already....one in college

- I felt his play fell off a bit in that rookie year towards the end......teams were taking advantage of his aggressiveness.....and I saw the same thing happen last night

I still think he can be a star int he league.....but I totally understand Whaley's thought process here.

I know you got a lot invested in support of Shady........you went so far as to see you've seen every carry of his in his career, right?

But the burden of proof is on him.

Last year he was an average Joe who got touches like a superstar.

Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

You seem to have a lot invested in Alonso. I'm sorry it was so hard on you.

We'll not let those pesky facts that McCoy's down year had him 3rd in rushing for total yards and 4th in rushing for avg since you are still suffering.