Time for opener talk - JAX O is Bad

CJPearl2

stroud and henderson are studs. they tie up linemen as good as anyone. they're lacking at the end position, though. good secondary. mathis is a player. we'll probably test the middle but do more running around the edges with traps and sweeps.

i don't buy that their offense is shaky...fred taylor hasn't been playing for them with a nagging injury that i hope continues to nag him for one more week.

i think the bills'll win, 27-10

We should have good time to throw against them as well. The pass will probably have to set up the run for us or we will have to spread it out to get some running lanes. If we score 20 we most likely win.

18115[/snapback]

Don't put too much stock in pre-season. I think the Bills will win, but our first team offense didn't exactly light it up either. Since week 3 of last season, in fact, our O hasn't exactly been the second coming of the Kelly years. I look for this to be a low scoring, defensive game. I will predict the Bills take it, 17-12.

God, it feels good to talk real football again!!!!!!

:wacko:

The USA Today article linked earlier had some good info. JAX has a lot of potential but they have some problems to start the season.

-Kyle Brady will be out for the first two games, and his backup may also be out. So their 3rd string TE may be the starter in Buffalo.

-Fred Taylor suffered a foot injury and hasn't played much in the preseason; who knows how much it will still be affecting him in Week 1.

-Reggie Williams, the rookie WR, will be starting as the #2 WR. He hasn't done much in camp, but they are thin at WR.

-They have some serious question marks at DE; their two starters totalled 1 sack last year.

-Christie was cut, leaving them with a rookie kicker.

-They have some decent DBs, but only one of the four is playing the same position as last year.

This could be a team to contend with soon, but they still have some things to work out. It will be interesting to see how they come out to start the season.

It's good that we are facing them in game one, that's for sure. But I am predicting a blowout in the fourth quarter for the Bills, 30-13.

Just because Bledsoe will start hot and TSW will go insane between the he's going to explode this year or he's going to implode this year as always posts.

I have heard that Jimmy Smith has had a very good camp this year.

I have also heard that their offensive line has looked solid

Their 2nd & 3rd receivers have not looked good (Reggie Williams & Troy Edwards)

Their 3rd string TE Todd Yoder (who they got from Tampa) may start vs the Bills

Bryan Leftwich who has had an inconsistant camp/preseason performed well against the Bills in mop up duty against the Bills last season.

Fred Taylor has been hurt during the preseason but is expected to be healthy for the opener and could cause problems for the Bills defense

Jimmy Smith & Fred Taylor will be key players for the Bills to stop on opening day.

The Bills may also throw the ball more than run on opening day due to the Jaguars having the 2nd ranked running defense last season and their lack of pass rush. Perhaps the Bills use 4 wide receeiver sets often to create mismatches.

i think it's a blessing we're playing the jags in week one (and at home) and not week ten. i believe the bills will win this one "rather" easily (perhaps a 10-13 pt. margin) but jax is headed in the right direction.

My understanding from their game vs. the Pats is that Leftwich struggled mightily and they didn't get their 31 points until the fourth quarter. I did catch enough of the game to hear Fouts saying that even though the Pats didn't play any starters, the psyche of the team has to be in the crapper after have 30+ points put on their D in two of their four preseason games.

If we can get to Leftwich, we should be happy on the 13th.