Confidence in Whaley

dayman

Are you confident in Whaley's ability to run the Bills?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Are you confident in Whaley's ability to run the Bills?

• Yes, I am confident
    • No, I am not confident

Orton??? He was FN terrible after a decent beginning. You gotta be kidding with trying to attribute last season's decency to Kyle "kitty slide" Orton.

Well, it sure as heck wasn't the run game that carried the offense / team to a 9-7 record because that part of the offense was almost non existent. the moron twins Hackett / Maroon had Orton throwing at least 40+ passes every game while usually running it around 20 times. Most top RB's need at least 15-20 carries just to get into a solid rhythm in a game.

I didn't call him a superstar or elite QB. But the guy got the job done given what he had to work with no run game, and worst offensive line in the league. The first QB to go 7-5 with a winning record since Drew Bledsoe. 18 TD's vs 10 INT's with 3000 yards passing

It really wasn't Orton that stunk up the field in Oakland with the Bills fighting for a playoff berth. The Bills rushing stats for that game were 13 rushes for 13 yards, holy crap that's just unbelievably bad. The Bills coaches calling for 48 passes vs 13 rushes was just crazy stupid. Then the Bills defense had a bad day allowing 140 yards rushing from a crappy Oakland offense, and let rookie QB Derek Carr look like a top QB, two TD's, and no INT's. That vaunted Bills pass rush only got to Carr for two 1/2 sacks all game.

Dunno why so many Bills fans crap on Orton so much. Although I am glad he retired or Maroon would still be the head coach.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not at all, funny how he pointed out how Jackson totally outplayed Brown. Well yeah since Marrone would never activate, wasn't too hard to do. There were other comments to in the article that were huge stretches, but great article for people who don't like Whaley. You can find truth in anything!!

Sullivan's 'Risky Business' column on Whaley this morning was spot on. I would imagine most Bills fans (not on TBD) share his sentiments.

Kind of interesting that the Pegulas were ready to put Polian at the top of the front office. Not sure whether this was a reflection on Whaley's performance up until that point, but having gone through the sales process, they must have identified some matters that needed to be addressed with operations of the team and the front office.

We'll never know what the deal there really was. I'm not at all convinced the plan wasn't to bring Polien in as a consultant but once he started plans to bring AJ Smith in, Pegula pulled the plug on the whole thing and Polien to save face, claimed he turned it down. Pugula wasn't going to get into a pissing contest with him so let that story fly.

It was Whaley who drafted Kujo with a #2 pick, and Cyril Richardson with #5 pick, and the 7th rounder turned out to be the best of that batch. Which is not saying much because Henderson was one of the worst RT's in the league last year.

So far this year it looks like Whaley might have finally gotten it right with OG Miller in the 3rd, and Incognito looks to be one of Rex's ideas.

franchise QB is single the most important part of being an NFL GM.

So blame Whaley for drafting these guys, but lets give Rex the credit for Richie. Statements like that really show me you would definitely qualify to be Sully's understudy.

And sure finding a franchise QB is important, but if it truely is the most important, then over half the GM's in the league have failed miserably.

Well, it sure as heck wasn't the run game that carried the offense / team to a 9-7 record because that part of the offense was almost non existent. the moron twins Hackett / Maroon had Orton throwing at least 40+ passes every game while usually running it around 20 times. Most top RB's need at least 15-20 carries just to get into a solid rhythm in a game.

I didn't call him a superstar or elite QB. But the guy got the job done given what he had to work with no run game, and worst offensive line in the league. The first QB to go 7-5 with a winning record since Drew Bledsoe. 18 TD's vs 10 INT's with 3000 yards passing

It really wasn't Orton that stunk up the field in Oakland with the Bills fighting for a playoff berth. The Bills rushing stats for that game were 13 rushes for 13 yards, holy crap that's just unbelievably bad. The Bills coaches calling for 48 passes vs 13 rushes was just crazy stupid. Then the Bills defense had a bad day allowing 140 yards rushing from a crappy Oakland offense, and let rookie QB Derek Carr look like a top QB, two TD's, and no INT's. That vaunted Bills pass rush only got to Carr for two 1/2 sacks all game.

Dunno why so many Bills fans crap on Orton so much. Although I am glad he retired or Maroon would still be the head coach.

Because he sucked in many games where the Bills didn't score an offensive TD (MIA, CLE, and GB come to mind) with him missing on many throws to open receivers when the Bills needed him most. Other than padding his stats twice against a lousy NYJ team, he was mediocre or worse.

Because he sucked in many games where the Bills didn't score an offensive TD (MIA, CLE, and GB come to mind) with him missing on many throws to open receivers when the Bills needed him most. Other than padding his stats twice against a lousy NYJ team, he was mediocre or worse.

Yes Orton wasn't that good. But I think he did better then most other QB's the Bills have had since Bledsoe on a far, far worse offense. Decent blocking by the offensive line last year was almost non existent. Factor that with college coaches, bad line. Orton on this years team would be a stark improvement over last year, and playoffs an almost certainty JMHO.

The Bills win in Oakland and suddenly Orton is a hero no matter how he played in the previous games. The Bills defense stopped Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and then fell on their face against Derek Carr.

Go to youtube and watch

Now watch Mack hit Orton often because the RT was downright putrid, and shouldn't have been on the field.

Yes Orton wasn't that good. But I think he did better then most other QB's the Bills have had since Bledsoe on a far, far worse offense. Decent blocking by the offensive line last year was almost non existent. Factor that with college coaches, bad line. Orton on this years team would be a stark improvement over last year, and playoffs an almost certainty JMHO.

The Bills win in Oakland and suddenly Orton is a hero no matter how he played in the previous games. The Bills defense stopped Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and then fell on their face against Derek Carr.

Go to youtube and watch

Now watch Mack hit Orton often because the RT was downright putrid, and shouldn't have been on the field.

No no, see when EJ gets hit a bunch, and his team rushes for 100 yards, and his defense allows 16 points, it's not his fault. When Orton gets hit a bunch, and his team rushes for 13 yards, and his defense allows 26 points to a rookie QB on a 2-14 team, it's all Orton's fault.