Cassel released

FluffHead

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there it is folks, the crux of the arguement for or against EJ Manuel has reared its ugly head

But sure, lets bring in a brand new guy and start ALL OVER AGAIN!

That argument always made me want to eat my own brain. The idea that you can't bring in a new guy to develop and evaluate without tossing your current project makes no sense to me. I'd say we did exactly that and it appears both benefited from it. Edited by Rob's House

That argument always made me want to eat my own brain. The idea that you can't bring in a new guy to develop and evaluate without tossing your current project makes no sense to me. I'd say we did exactly that and it appears both benefited from it.

It dosent appear we have benefited from that to me right now. Now we have a divided fan base, and all the optimists are wonderful, but do you really belive a first time starter isnt going to go through some significant growing pains?

Tyrod showed some things in preaseason, but the same opinion propping up TT's preseason performance is discounting Ej's statiscally superior preseason performance.

Edited by mastershake

That argument always made me want to eat my own brain. The idea that you can't bring in a new guy to develop and evaluate without tossing your current project makes no sense to me. I'd say we did exactly that and it appears both benefited from it.

1 position per team Rob! We gave up on Woods by drafting Sammy!

Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back for spearheading the effort against him. EJ is not Peyton Manning

Check Aikman's first 14 starts! Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years.

It dosent appear we have benefited from that to me right now. Now we have a divided fan base, and all the optimists are wonderful, but do you really belive a first time starter isnt going to go through some significant growing pains?

I don't think the fan base is nearly as divided as when we were "all in" on a single player. And unless you're saying TT should be backing up Manuel, I don't see how we haven't benefited.

1 position per team Rob! We gave up on Woods by drafting Sammy!

Check Aikman's first 14 starts! Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years.

Stop it, your drunk, check out Joe Montanas first 14 game, Check out Flaccos first 14 games, stop just throwing names out there. Edited by mastershake

I find it interesting that folks don't accept what the regime has done and roll with it.

Tyrod starts.

EJ backs him up.

The Bills are in a win now mode due to the money tied up in the defensive line. thats a rare moment. Gotta take advantage. Just ask Seattle

How about we rally around the team? and hope both EJ and Tyrod continue their proverbial ascension.

That really is the best option isn't it ?

Go Bills!

Here, Here!!!

I don't think the fan base is nearly as divided as when we were "all in" on a single player. And unless you're saying TT should be backing up Manuel, I don't see how we haven't benefited.

Tyrod has yet to play a game. I ask you again, do you think he will have some trouble as a starter, or do you honestly belive hes gonna come out like brady and throw for 3 touchdowns a game for 325 yrd? Or do you think hes going to have his troubles?

Tyrod has yet to play a game. I ask you again, do you think he will have some trouble as a starter, or do you honestly belive hes gonna come out like brady and throw for 3 touchdowns a game for 325 yrd? Or do you think hes going to have his troubles?

All young QB's struggle. Check Jim Kelly's first 14 starts.

I think he'll have some growing pains. Despite those growing pains I think he still gives us a better chance to win than Manuel. I also think (although it's just my belief and can't be proven) that Manuel is better now and has a better chance for long-term success because he got to ride the pine last year and because he was made to compete for his job.

I agree that the competition has done nothing but benefited them both, due to starts and preseason performance i feel that EJ is the best choice right now, but who the heck am i? Im just a big cup...

Indeed. I kind of think EJ played the best in preseason, but can see the additional something TT brings to the table. They both had sensational preseason performances, though. (I know TT always looks very good in preseason, and EJ does at times as well.)

But I don't really see a divided fan base, this year (with the exception of some message board outliers). Most seem to be solidly behind TT as the starter--even those who might have preferred EJ. As far as I can tell, the fan base is more united and behind the QB situation at OBD than it has been in 10 years or so. Now, let's see what happens when the games start counting.

Indeed. I kind of think EJ played the best in preseason, but can see the additional something TT brings to the table. They both had sensational preseason performances, though. (I know TT always looks very good in preseason, and EJ does at times as well.)

But I don't really see a divided fan base, this year (with the exception of some message board outliers). Most seem to be solidly behind TT as the starter--even those who might have preferred EJ. As far as I can tell, the fan base is more united and behind the QB situation at OBD than it has been in 10 years or so. Now, let's see what happens when the games start counting.

Dont get me wrong, im behind Tyrad as Bills starter, sorta. Ive made my opinion crystal clear though, i hope.

But I don't really see a divided fan base, this year (with the exception of some message board outliers). Most seem to be solidly behind TT as the starter--even those who might have preferred EJ. As far as I can tell, the fan base is more united and behind the QB situation at OBD than it has been in 10 years or so. Now, let's see what happens when the games start counting. ut b

IMO...and it is just IMO I dont think EJ has played the best in pre season.......I think TT has

EJ has scored more TDs.....he has had the bigger throws and plays....but TT has been more efficient.....he hasnt fumbled.....the team hasnt taken bad penalties with him on the field. Because a QB is more then just about big plays and is also about being the field general I take all that into consideration.

This is not to say that EJ has not played well....he most certainly has but I dont buy into this "TT is 1 and EJ is 1a" crap.....TT won the job....period.

IMO...and it is just IMO I dont think EJ has played the best in pre season.......I think TT has

EJ has scored more TDs.....he has had the bigger throws and plays....but TT has been more efficient.....he hasnt fumbled.....the team hasnt taken bad penalties with him on the field. Because a QB is more then just about big plays and is also about being the field general I take all that into consideration.

This is not to say that EJ has not played well....he most certainly has but I dont buy into this "TT is 1 and EJ is 1a" crap.....TT won the job....period.

Testify brother!

The essence of playing NFL quarterback is making the big throws and making the big plays. EJ is almost the perfect prototype NFL QB size-wise. Now his style of play on the field (preseason, I know) is looking very much like the prototype style of what winning franchise NFL QBs are asked to do. I'm not betting against Taylor because Russell Wilson has shown it can be done in that style. Having said that, EJ Manuel played preseason football in a style very similar to 9 of the last 10 Superbowl winning QBs.

I actually think Manuel won the job by a nose at the wire because I put a lot more into throwing TD passes than long drives. But I will be rooting for Taylor to play great and prove me wrong.