Game Pass horse ****

The Big Cat

I'm in the U.S., have a reliable connection, never had any issues with the Preseason Package of yesteryear and had no issues accessing the live game on my phone and laptop. But my desktop (Mac Mini) just cycled out, nothing ever loaded.

I cancelled the free trial.

But I was hoping to get it in the Mac Mini (which is connected to our den TV) so I could have it on while I worked off the work-laptop I eventually had to use to stream. Hence the string of profanities.

I'm in the U.S., have a reliable connection, never had any issues with the Preseason Package of yesteryear and had no issues accessing the live game on my phone and laptop. But my desktop (Mac Mini) just cycled out, nothing ever loaded.

I cancelled the free trial.

It works on all my Apple products(TV, iPad, MacBook) but I use Safari and/or Firefox not Chrome. I have used it on Chroma before, work computer also a Mac, worked fine. Weird you had issues.

It works on all my Apple products(TV, iPad, MacBook) but I use Safari and/or Firefox not Chrome. I have used it on Chroma before, work computer also a Mac, worked fine. Weird you had issues.

Yeah, it is. Work laptop also a Mac, also running Chrome.

I didn't even bother trying it on the iPad. It's a 2 and probably three OS updates behind. The old girl could never handle it.

I actually got thru to support last week, and I didn't like any of the answers I got. Basically, this doesn't work, that's kinda iffy, and we don't know about any ETA's etc.. I cancelled and figured I will just find alternate means of watching the games until they can get their -ish straight.

I imagine they have lost A TON of money from pissed off customers, and they know they need to fix stuff quickly if they want to restore confidence.

I actually got thru to support last week, and I didn't like any of the answers I got. Basically, this doesn't work, that's kinda iffy, and we don't know about any ETA's etc.. I cancelled and figured I will just find alternate means of watching the games until they can get their -ish straight.

I imagine they have lost A TON of money from pissed off customers, and they know they need to fix stuff quickly if they want to restore confidence.

****ty way to kickoff the season of the first online streaming game (Bills Jax LON on Yahoo).

Doesn't bode well for the lack of confidence consumers already share.

I didn't pay for gamepass, but I have the NFL mobile app with Verizon. Seems to work on my phone but not my Android tablet. Also have Verizon FIOS, so I emailed them, will wait to see the response. I'm supposed to be able to watch NFL network and locally broadcast games live with just the app so we will see. Kinda pointless to watch a game on your phone anyways, can barely see the ball, but could come in handy in a pinch. I'd rather be able to watch on my tablet though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it. The first couple days, before the first preseason game it didn't work at all. It got incrementally better and I was allowed to see all the games I wanted to live. The rebroadcast and the condensed version comes pretty quick. Now I think it is an awesome deal for $100. Fantastic.

So...you get to watch the games live? As in, not the replay the next day?

The free trial didn't allow me to even watch or listen.

Quick question (a bit off topic) - I've had the Sunday Ticket for about 11yrs and this year I cancelled it a couple of weeks ago (never ended up paid anything for it this yr). But somehow I still got all the games week 1. Do they normally offer week 1 games free for everyone?

Yes, it was free preview weekend. Week 2 will not work for you, but it's looking like it will be the nationally televised game. Unless you're in a market of another team playing (or perhaps a rival of one of those teams), you should be able to see it.

So...you get to watch the games live? As in, not the replay the next day?

The free trial didn't allow me to even watch or listen.

Agree, that doesn't sound right to me. Live games are streamed via DirecTV's Sunday Ticket app, the NFL negotiated that into the TV deal.

Yes, it was free preview weekend. Week 2 will not work for you, but it's looking like it will be the nationally televised game. Unless you're in a market of another team playing (or perhaps a rival of one of those teams), you should be able to see it.

Agree, that doesn't sound right to me. Live games are streamed via DirecTV's Sunday Ticket app, the NFL negotiated that into the TV deal.

Thank you! I will be in KC that weekend so I'll have to find a bar most likely.

Thank you! I will be in KC that weekend so I'll have to find a bar most likely.

You're welcome. To me, the NFL is missing out on a much bigger cash cow if they were to form a media company to stream their own games. The NFL is way behind most sports in terms of an online presence. I often wonder if the Krafts' involvement in these affairs plays a part in it. They seem like a family that's rooted in the antiquated.

Right, so you'd think they wouldn't let people watch the game live with GamePass.

I don't know if it was just the free trial, but I found no way to listen to the Colts game live. If there is a way, it wasn't very intuitive.