Deonte Thompson - making a push for roster spot?

YoloinOhio

DT seems to be playing pretty well. Anyone who has seen him in person think he looks like a potential member of the 53? I realize we have a lot of depth at WR but he looks like a player...

From what I've seen and read, he seems to get open pretty consistently but looks like he fights the ball a little bit bringing it in. Not close to TJ Graham brawl with the ball bad though. I had this same thought earlier though Yolo. He's making it a tougher decision for the coaches.

Edit: Congrats on getting rid of Chicken Little!

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

He's outplayed Hogan, Goodwin, and Lewis. Interestingly enough he entered the league as a CB and ran an official time of 4.31, but his fastest was 4.21!

I'd be surprised if Lewis even found a practice squad spot at this point. He's been rough.

From what I've seen and read, he seems to get open pretty consistently but looks like he fights the ball a little bit bringing it in. Not close to TJ Graham brawl with the ball bad though. I had this same thought earlier though Yolo. He's making it a tougher decision for the coaches.

it was time (avatar). Lol

it was time (avatar). Lol

The blue is, in fact, calming.

He has not yet, to my knowledge, infringed upon the patented TJ "Jump Catch", so that's a good thing.

What was he doing last year? Was he injured?

his 40 time was like 4.31 (pro day not combine so take with grain of salt) and he's 6 foot tall and 200lbs - if he can catch the ball consistently that is a pretty good combination

True, it was Pro Day. But at worst that still translates to a sub-4.4 40-time.

It does seem like it is Thompson or Goodwin as they play the same role to stretch the D. Thompson seems to get behind people almost as well as Goodwin. I think I stash Thompson on the PS for the future? What Goodwin brings that I don't think Thompson does is that I believe he is a very good kick returner.

It does seem like it is Thompson or Goodwin as they play the same role to stretch the D. Thompson seems to get behind people almost as well as Goodwin. I think I stash Thompson on the PS for the future? What Goodwin brings that I don't think Thompson does is that I believe he is a very good kick returner.

Honest question, have they practiced DT returning kicks?

If he had caught the one in the EZ from TYrod, he'd be a shoe in. It was a perfectly thrown ball that went through his hands. An out and out drop. He did catch a nice TD pass from EJ, but who cares? EJ sucks. PS maybe?

Edited by reddogblitz

Chicken little made me smile every time I saw it