Shady helped off field with leg injury

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rice is just as good as shady and comes at bargain basement price. Should have gotten him in the first place

I don't think so and the stats say otherwise........but I think it's a lot closer than a lot of people may think.

If he is back to 2012 health, Rice is more likely to follow his blocks and avoid negative/zero runs and has always been a very savvy guy in the pass game too.

I don't think so and the stats say otherwise........but I think it's a lot closer than a lot of people may think.

If he is back to 2012 health, Rice is more likely to follow his blocks and avoid negative/zero runs and has always been a very savvy guy in the pass game too.

Actually their stats are quite similar. I don't know why there's a sense Shady just blows away Rice

Rice

6 seasons

6180 rushing

3034 receiving

9214 total

Shady

6 seasons

6792 rushing

2282 receiving

9074 total

Actually their stats are quite similar. I don't know why there's a sense Shady just blows away Rice

Rice

6 seasons

6180 rushing

3034 receiving

9214 total

Shady

6 seasons

6792 rushing

2282 receiving

9074 total

The big difference is about a half yard per carry.....which is significant.......but there is a reason that CJ Spiller has averaged .7 ypc more than Marshawn Lynch but they aren't in the same universe in terms of effectiveness.

Not a fan of Shady's tendency to try to bounce it outside.

Not sure Roman will care for it much after a while either.

There were a couple plays Friday that were designed to run behind a pulling guard and the lane was there but Shady tried to take wide and got stopped cold.

Not against making big plays in the run game but ground and pound implies a run game by design.

The big difference is about a half yard per carry.....which is significant.......but there is a reason that CJ Spiller has averaged .7 ypc more than Marshawn Lynch but they aren't in the same universe in terms of effectiveness.

Not a fan of Shady's tendency to try to bounce it outside.

Not sure Roman will care for it much after a while either.

There were a couple plays Friday that were designed to run behind a pulling guard and the lane was there but Shady tried to take wide and got stopped cold.

Not against making big plays in the run game but ground and pound implies a run game by design.

Seems like a fair assessment to me. I just think that Rice and Shady are comparable backs. And even if Shady gets the (slight) nod, I think rice is a better between the tackles runner, which makes him better for our system Edited by JTSP

Chip Kelly is known for being way ahead on using analytics for his team and how it practices. Sleep cycle, eating habits and more are controlled. We may not have the same type of data the Eagles have for this so Im no sure the data is there.

I know we are building an analytics team and monitoring practices I just dont know how much.

Funny thing is with all his data and focus on nutrition and fitness, chips a little meatball

240_chip_kelly_102113.jpg

Edited by JTSP

Chip Kelly is known for being way ahead on using analytics for his team and how it practices. Sleep cycle, eating habits and more are controlled. We may not have the same type of data the Eagles have for this so Im no sure the data is there.

I know we are building an analytics team and monitoring practices I just dont know how much.

Yeah building the data bases is key for each athelete but there are basic indicators such as hydration level that affect muscle performance.

I am also pretty sure Oregon was one of the first teams to use this system when the comapnay was just starting.

Cheers

Edited by johnnywo