Trapping Red Squirrels

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you guys are making PETA and Cecil the Lion fans cry.

I just got into a heated debate w/my wife about Cecil and hunting in general. She thinks it was like killing the family cats (which I MAY not be opposed to... J/K).

:-O

I killed a few cats before.... Felt no remorse.... Actually, I used them to make jerky... It was surprisingly good!!!

People wouldn't say "there's more than one way to skin a cat if they weren't meant to eat!

Have you put a cone on the pole pile of your feeder? You should definitely try using rat traps and cheese or peanut butter... I have 7 traps out right now and have been hitting them pretty hard

are you baptising them?

Don't you have any coyotes around? They also help. Last week a coon went eye ball to eye ball with one or cats through the glass doors. The coon was a on the deck. Walking behind the fields near the house, there was dead coon this week... I wonder what got to it? Coons can pretty fierce (no match for our domestic cat of course), but can a pack of coyotes get them? A domestic dog will tree them, sometimes the coon will win and drown them.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I mean, are you putting the cage in water once you Ketchum? Hal Ketchum?

I work w/a Navy vet that was a frogman. He almost went ballistic when I dunked a mouse, trap and all, in a 5 gallon bucket. The mouse was clinging to life struggling in a trap! I didn't want blood all over the place. He went all: "You know how awful the feeling of drowning is?"

Rather, he wanted me to beat the last moments of life out of it w/a big azz screwdriver! :wallbash::wallbash:

I work w/a Navy vet that was a frogman. He almost went ballistic when I dunked a mouse, trap and all, in a 5 gallon bucket. The mouse was clinging to life struggling in a trap! I didn't want blood all over the place. He went all: "You know how awful the feeling of drowning is?"

Rather, he wanted me to beat the last moments of life out of it w/a big azz screwdriver! :wallbash::wallbash:

The most humane way is to zap the rats and mice with the electronic traps. They die instantly.

I never understood the retarded couple that traps the rat or mice JUST TO LET THEM GO. Hello nice and dumb couple, they will come back into your house!!!!

The most humane way is to zap the rats and mice with the electronic traps. They die instantly.

I never understood the retarded couple that traps the rat or mice JUST TO LET THEM GO. Hello nice and dumb couple, they will come back into your house!!!!

We have a ton of tree frogs. The sound is deafening in summer. They end up in the sump or window wells... I free them and throw them back out to the trees (or snakes, whichever you prefer... We live close to a cemetery). For the first time ever, a few nights ago a frog was hoping around the living room... Cats were going nuts. My wife was going hysterical. I was telling her: "Ah it's nothing!" She's like: '"The cats see something... They know something is around... They are so smart... Yada yada yada!" I am like: "You're outta your Vulcan mind, the cats are just acting stupid again!" I look under the couch and there it is! LMAO... Threw him to the trees/snakes in the fields! :lol:

We have a ton of tree frogs. The sound is deafening in summer. They end up in the sump or window wells... I free them and throw them back out to the trees (or snakes, whichever you prefer... We live close to a cemetery). For the first time ever, a few nights ago a frog was hoping around the living room... Cats were going nuts. My wife was going hysterical. I was telling her: "Ah it's nothing!" She's like: '"The cats see something... They know something is around... They are so smart... Yada yada yada!" I am like: "You're outta your Vulcan mind, the cats are just acting stupid again!" I look under the couch and there it is! LMAO... Threw him to the trees/snakes in the fields! :lol:

For some reason I can understand not killing a frog. It's almost like killing a dog or cat for me.

But a rat or mouse????? Screw that. Those things gotta get killed!!!!!

Squirels are so small and cute. Why would anyone want to kill these???

Just found d out the people across from my sister left their 5 dogs plus more in the house when they left. The big ones ate the small one then eventually died them selves. Corpses and all were found months later. That cruelty.

Or the Florida kids that just beat and killed the Pomeranian and left a note ending lol haha.

Don't you have any coyotes around? They also help. Last week a coon went eye ball to eye ball with one or cats through the glass doors. The coon was a on the deck. Walking behind the fields near the house, there was dead coon this week... I wonder what got to it? Coons can pretty fierce (no match for our domestic cat of course), but can a pack of coyotes get them? A domestic dog will tree them, sometimes the coon will win and drown them.

We have yotes, but I trap them too... We've had a black bear cruising the lawn at night, dicking with our garbage... Time to buy a bigger trap...

Regarding your coon... Was it near a road? Maybe it was a vehicle, lol... If a coyote killed it, it would have eaten it, if a bobcat killed it, it would have attempted to cover it with grass/weeds... I would be willing to bet it was a domestic k9... Or rabies just forced it to check out

We have yotes, but I trap them too... We've had a black bear cruising the lawn at night, dicking with our garbage... Time to buy a bigger trap...

Regarding your coon... Was it near a road? Maybe it was a vehicle, lol... If a coyote killed it, it would have eaten it, if a bobcat killed it, it would have attempted to cover it with grass/weeds... I would be willing to bet it was a domestic k9... Or rabies just forced it to check out

It was in tact and near the road by the cemetery so it could have been a car... Or ATV, some will run back there. Wife is hoping it is the one that terrorized her little pumpkins (blasted cats) from the deck. It was garbage day when the coon came a calling, so everybody had their rubbish & recycle toters out. Coons love slobs! They probably hate me, I keep the cans clean and bungeed down (until the garbage dude makes his visit).

For some reason I can understand not killing a frog. It's almost like killing a dog or cat for me.

But a rat or mouse????? Screw that. Those things gotta get killed!!!!!

Squirels are so small and cute. Why would anyone want to kill these???

Squirrels are creatively destructive, they will take apart things even though they have tasted before and not like. It does it with my wife's potted plants.

In college I liked them; I left cafeteria on UB campus with this kind of nut covered round doughnut as a snack and when I went outside a squirrel was looking at it with such longing that I rolled it down the sidewalk to him. He continued rolling the doughnut down the sidewalk until he got to a tree like a child with a ring and a stick.

The squirrels we have are very flexible, they can get into holes in wire mesh part of bird feeders that larger birds can not; my wife has tried shooting them with her air pistol (we are in suburb, no real pistols allowed) and they just ignore it.