"Cuckservative"

So to help black families, you wish to roll things back to a point in time where they were not allowed to equally participate in our democratic process? Got it.

I was told not to go there, so I didn't... but I see you did :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as greatness... I'm of the general opinion that every generation is better* than the previous generation in that we continue to build on successes of the past. A lot of amazing things happened in the past, and a lot of shameful things as well. The idea is to remove the shameful things, or at least learn from them, and then also build on the amazing things.

Here's where my issue lies with leftists in general. First, the chronological snobbery. Just because an idea is in vogue doesn't mean it's correct, and just because an idea is old doesn't mean it's wrong. Second, what you describe: "build on successes, remove the shameful" is very nice in theory but I think leftists have gotten the practice all wrong. Some things that have been done away with were certainly shameful (Jim Crow and all its variants and fruits are a good example). But leftists often, in practice, strive to do away with successes and introduce more shameful things. They don't see it this way, but I do, and I want politicians who not only claim to see things this way, but actually act on it. Thus, the cuckservative insult. Many so-called "conservatives" talk loudly about how they see things the way I see them, but then kowtow to leftists on every point out of fear.

I didn't go there, Ozy did -- quite clearly. I just clarified the point he's making so, hopefully, he could see the error in his logic.

This is an acceptable way of going about it. You may stay in my beloved thread.

Here's where my issue lies with leftists in general. First, the chronological snobbery. Just because an idea is in vogue doesn't mean it's correct, and just because an idea is old doesn't mean it's wrong. Second, what you describe: "build on successes, remove the shameful" is very nice in theory but I think leftists have gotten the practice all wrong. Some things that have been done away with were certainly shameful (Jim Crow and all its variants and fruits are a good example). But leftists often, in practice, strive to do away with successes and introduce more shameful things. They don't see it this way, but I do, and I want politicians who not only claim to see things this way, but actually act on it. Thus, the cuckservative insult. Many so-called "conservatives" talk loudly about how they see things the way I see them, but then kowtow to leftists on every point out of fear.

This is an acceptable way of going about it. You may stay in my beloved thread.

That's always the problem with these sorts of discussion... the "fact" that one "side" has "ruined" things. I'll go back to reading and asking questions here and there :)

That's always the problem with these sorts of discussion... the "fact" that one "side" has "ruined" things. I'll go back to reading and asking questions here and there :)

If I had the time, I'd start a thread on every gripe :lol: but I can't take a sick day every day.

My father always looked at the 40's and 50's as the time he viewed the U.S at it's best.

my father was a WWII vet. a kid in the depression. witness to horrible events yet unbelievable heroism in the war. and then he lived through the most rapid technicological advances in the history of the world. i never asked which time he felt represented the US at it's best. from a prosperity level, it certainly wasn't those years surrounding the great war. from the human perspective of honor and morals and trust and integrity, i think it was a high point. there were still scumbags but they were less open and tolerated. right now, i think we are near the low point for that measure. that's a big reason to try to reproduce the past, imo. unfortunately, i don't think that's what this movement is likely to prioritize.

Edited by birdog1960

The problem has been that on a scale of zero-100, the left wants the world set to 100 and the right wants it set to zero, and the right has allowed the left to define compromise as constantly turning the dial closer to 100, only not quite as fast as the left would like to turn it. In this, the right is just as culpable as the left, because they capitulated.

my father was a WWII vet. a kid in the depression. witness to horrible events yet unbelievable heroism in the war. and then he lived through the most rapid technicological advances in the history of the world. i never asked which time he felt represented the US at it's best. from a prosperity level, it certainly wasn't those years surrounding the great war. from the human perspective of honor and morals and trust and integrity, i think it was a high point. there were still scumbags but they were less open and tolerated. right now, i think we are near the low point for that measure. that's a big reason to try to reproduce the past, imo. unfortunately, i don't think that's what this movement is likely to prioritize.

Perhaps not. But at least it's getting talked about.

from the human perspective of honor and morals and trust and integrity, i think it was a high point. there were still scumbags but they were less open and tolerated. right now, i think we are near the low point for that measure. that's a big reason to try to reproduce the past, imo. unfortunately, i don't think that's what this movement is likely to prioritize.

Beaver Cleaver gets made fun of nowadays but dirt bags with 1000 tattoos and pot smokers are celebrated. The only people being shamed are people who would shame others. That is why we have to walk through a sea of dirt bags every day; because nobody will tell them to clean up there act and shut up like we used to do.

Beaver Cleaver gets made fun of nowadays but dirt bags with 1000 tattoos and pot smokers are celebrated. The only people being shamed are people who would shame others. That is why we have to walk through a sea of dirt bags every day; because nobody will tell them to clean up there act and shut up like we used to do.

Come on, if you walked through a sea of dirt bags smoking pot, you'd be too high to care about their tattoos or to shame them. Probably be pretty hungry too. Sadly, you might even start listening to Tom Petty. But that's an extreme case, I grant you.

it's less about tattos and more about selfishness and greed. you can't shame someone who lacks compassion and cares only about himself.

So to help black families, you wish to roll things back to a point in time where they were not allowed to equally participate in our democratic process? Got it.

Well, we could roll it back even further if you want, to say 1890 before literacy tests, poll taxes, and the like became popular.

Technically blacks should've been enfranchised by the 15th Amendment enacted in 1870. In fact, many blacks even held local office throughout the 1870s and 1880s. But then the racist Democrats started inventing ways to disenfranchise them at the voting booth.

Another solution that would be acceptable to me is roll back to 1913 but add the Voting Rights Act of 1965. I didn't say every law that was passed since 1913 sucked (although I do wish the court system could've taken care of the unconstitutionality of certain disenfranchisement methods instead of needing a Voting Rights Act.)

So, no big deal, we'll roll back BUT maintain the enfranchisement of blacks. And keep them off the dole. Blacks would be so much better off now, and so would racial relations.

Come on, if you walked through a sea of dirt bags smoking pot, you'd be too high to care about their tattoos or to shame them. Probably be pretty hungry too. Sadly, you might even start listening to Tom Petty. But that's an extreme case, I grant you.

The Googlebot devised a filtering device so that I only breathe the purist of air. It allows smells in although the smells are artificially produced so that I avoid breathing the actual air from pot heads, Canadians or other smelly things. I admit the sometimes I remove the device if I am walking past a good pizza joint because the simulated smells can never do that justice. I also like the smell of root beer barrels and that perfume Lee used to wear but I don't run across those much.

I try to shame as many people as I can but I can't do it alone. People are conditioned to look at every issue as if it has two sides. Look at Brady. People are defending this guy? People should all have talking hamsters to remind them when they are screwing up. The world would be a better place. I have a feeling it wouldn't be good to be Tom Brady's hamster though.

The Googlebot devised a filtering device so that I only breathe the purist of air. It allows smells in although the smells are artificially produced so that I avoid breathing the actual air from pot heads, Canadians or other smelly things. I admit the sometimes I remove the device if I am walking past a good pizza joint because the simulated smells can never do that justice. I also like the smell of root beer barrels and that perfume Lee used to wear but I don't run across those much.

I try to shame as many people as I can but I can't do it alone. People are conditioned to look at every issue as if it has two sides. Look at Brady. People are defending this guy? People should all have talking hamsters to remind them when they are screwing up. The world would be a better place. I have a feeling it wouldn't be good to be Tom Brady's hamster though.

:lol::lol:

it's less about tattos and more about selfishness and greed. you can't shame someone who lacks compassion and cares only about himself.

Tattoos are a sign of selfishness and greed....not to mention stupidity. Back in the day society would make sure those losers knew they were losers. Now their disgusting bodies are hermetics for all.