5 Bills RBs, 4 Spots Available?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is a huge love fest for Fred because he's been a Bill for a while but if he doesn't outperform the other RB's on the roster, he doesn't belong on the team. A roster spot for a fan favorite that doesn't contribute much on offense or on special teams probably shouldn't be on the roster. I like Fred as much as the next guy but the reality is that if he doesn't contribute, he shouldn't be there.

The current structure of teams in the NFL with the cap, 53/46 man roster and overall struggle for teams to keep their own sucks. Hopefully things will change in the next CBA.

I don't assume that Whaley is attached to Bryce Brown beyond what he has and can prove in terms of his worth. GMs make great acquisitions and bad acquisitions. The good ones know when to move on, they don't stick with a guy just because he traded for him. If he isn't going to help the team more than another guy on the roster I don't think he will hesitate to move on. Jmo.

Agreed. Pride should not be a determining factor when making roster decisions. Unfortunately, IMO, it is in some cases.

I know there is a huge love fest for Fred because he's been a Bill for a while but if he doesn't outperform the other RB's on the roster, he doesn't belong on the team. A roster spot for a fan favorite that doesn't contribute much on offense or on special teams probably shouldn't be on the roster. I like Fred as much as the next guy but the reality is that if he doesn't contribute, he shouldn't be there.

The current structure of teams in the NFL with the cap, 53/46 man roster and overall struggle for teams to keep their own sucks. Hopefully things will change in the next CBA.

Fred has never had a problem contributing on the field. I don't see how he'll be useless all-of-sudden...