Tyrod Taylor: 'May the Best Man Win'

He could. Never had the opportunity in his career until now. Tyrod showed flashes over the years in preseason games with the Ravens. I still wouldn't be surprised if EJ beats him out.

My prediction is:

EJ starter

Tyrod #2

Simms #3

Cassel gets cut, his money gets allocated to resigning Dareus.

I somehow doubt Cassel is going to be cut. No question he is on the roster bubble, but he has experience that our current QBs desperately need. Simms will be the one who is relegated to the PS.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lot easier to stick around as a backup and avoid injuries. I'd love to be surprised by him but he seems like Mike Vick Light and we know that doesn't work for long periods of time. We will see.

There have been plenty of mobile/running QBs that didn't have problems with injuries, too. Look at this top ten list of rushing QBs and consider how many had considerable injuries: http://espn.go.com/nfl/gallery?id=5208880

Steve Young had the concussion problems...

If it's accurate. You don't see the difference between Kelly and Elway, former 1st rounders, and a 6th round career backup?

But the offseason creates hype and heroes. Still, if not EJ, then I hope it's Taylor.

Yes, I see a huge difference, and I certainly in no way mean to compare Taylor to either of those Hall of Famers.

The thing is, for me, every good thing someone says about Taylor is automatically dismissed and tied to something or someone negative.

If it's accurate. You don't see the difference between Kelly and Elway, former 1st rounders, and a 6th round career backup?

But the offseason creates hype and heroes. Still, if not EJ, then I hope it's Taylor.

I can agree that one of the things we might love to have is a strong arm and so can you.

But of course its not an end all if its medium strength . accuracy counts too and the mental process is pretty important.

If Cassell and Tyrod could mind meld with EJ ? Then we would have something wouldn't we?

for sure agree with you C. B. 97 that it best be EJ or TT who "wins" the job. and let Castile be back up or released

I mean...look what Roman did with Kaepernick, who isn't a good passer at all. Granted, Kaep is about as big as EJ and Tyrod is like 5'11. No question who is the better physical specimen, but Tyrod can definitely run and he stuck around in Baltimore...

All I'm getting at is that I bet Roman could run a good offense with Tyrod or Tebow at the helm. If the players are responding well to Tyrod, then go for it. After all, they're going to need to put their bodies on the line for any one of our QBs, considering the way they throw.

I mean...look what Roman did with Kaepernick, who isn't a good passer at all. Granted, Kaep is about as big as EJ and Tyrod is like 5'11. No question who is the better physical specimen, but Tyrod can definitely run and he stuck around in Baltimore...

All I'm getting at is that I bet Roman could run a good offense with Tyrod or Tebow at the helm. If the players are responding well to Tyrod, then go for it. After all, they're going to need to put their bodies on the line for any one of our QBs, considering the way they throw.

Tyrod is 6'1".

@TyDunne: #Ravens S Terrence Brooks faced new #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor each day in practice last year, says "He's got it all." http://t.co/Tbd77zrr6G

That was a strange article. It's good to hear that a guy that practiced against him a lot thinks he's very good and can do it. Corey Graham said the same thing. But when asked if he can read NFL defenses, probably the most important thing now that we know he has the arm and he's accurate enough, Brooks says, "He's an NFL quarterback. I'm sure he can." or something to that affect.

What?!

That was a strange article. It's good to hear that a guy that practiced against him a lot thinks he's very good and can do it. Corey Graham said the same thing. But when asked if he can read NFL defenses, probably the most important thing now that we know he has the arm and he's accurate enough, Brooks says, "He's an NFL quarterback. I'm sure he can." or something to that affect.

What?!

Were you expecting an in-depth analysis from a young safety?

I absolutely love Taylor's running ability combined with Roman's scheming, but if Roman isn't creative enough on Sunday, Tyrod will probably have a bad day. Just my two cents.

The Ravens/Bengals game from 2012, Tyrod's only significant action, is fun to watch.

Were you expecting an in-depth analysis from a young safety?

I absolutely love Taylor's running ability combined with Roman's scheming, but if Roman isn't creative enough on Sunday, Tyrod will probably have a bad day. Just my two cents.

The Ravens/Bengals game from 2012, Tyrod's only significant action, is fun to watch.

Is there any footage available to stream? I'm only getting a 28-yd run highlight when I google it.