Saints Gallete fighting on video

NoSaint

Well, this should make for an awkward meeting with roger. He's already going to NY in a couple weeks for his domestic incident this offseason and now a video of him hitting people with a belt on the beach comes out (old video but new to the public)

And it seems pretty clear its him, despite his attorney arguing it's not. The real killer was posting a pic of himself with all the guys in the video on Instagram earlier that morning. Social media fail.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

He's in real trouble.

I just don't get why guys cannot walk away. Unless your life is threatened, there's really nothing to gain from fighting, and there's a whole lot to lose.

I mean, I train at a facility with some really, really accomplished fighters; guys that can snap bones. Not a single one of them would fight anywhere outside the octagon. Too much bad that can happen--what if one of those guys or their friends has a gun?

Just don't get it.

Wow.

He's in real trouble.

I just don't get why guys cannot walk away. Unless your life is threatened, there's really nothing to gain from fighting, and there's a whole lot to lose.

I mean, I train at a facility with some really, really accomplished fighters; guys that can snap bones. Not a single one of them would fight anywhere outside the octagon. Too much bad that can happen--what if one of those guys or their friends has a gun?

Just don't get it.

Yup. But he's a first class idiot.

And now that they committed to the "wasn't me" defense it's going to be impossible to credibly argue he was simply defending himself and the video looked worse than it really was.

Yup. But he's a first class idiot.

And now that they committed to the "wasn't me" defense it's going to be impossible to credibly argue he was simply defending himself and the video looked worse than it really was.

True.

What's the general reaction like in NO?

True.

What's the general reaction like in NO?

fans want him gone, but are worried the dead money puts them over the cap if he's cut. He just got a monster deal.

The big thing with fans is he keeps causing trouble and even when he's not having a major meltdown like this or the domestic -- he's still incredibly immature day to day too.

Edited by NoSaint

fans want him gone, but are worried the dead money puts them over the cap if he's cut. He just got a monster deal.

The big thing with fans is he keeps causing trouble and even when he's not having a major meltdown like this or the domestic -- he's still incredibly immature day to day too.

Ah ok.

I wonder if the team would be justified in recouping bonus $$ if he's released. Given how much of a hot-button issue violence has become, it may be a hard sell for the NFLPA to protect him from such an action.

Ah ok.

I wonder if the team would be justified in recouping bonus $$ if he's released. Given how much of a hot-button issue violence has become, it may be a hard sell for the NFLPA to protect him from such an action.

As an actual question- I know very few teams have gotten money back and I don't think any got cap relief from it, did they? The Falcons with Vick being an example. Did it clear space or was it just cash in the owners pocket?

As an actual question- I know very few teams have gotten money back and I don't think any got cap relief from it, did they? The Falcons with Vick being an example. Did it clear space or was it just cash in the owners pocket?

Good question...no idea how that works. I'll have to see what I can find out.

Junior Galette doing Junior Galette things. That guy is a certified lunatic!!

Quick story, my friends are good friends with a Saints DL. Over Memorial Day he was telling a story of a house that JG rented on Star Island in Miami. He was in Miami and Galette invited him over. When he walked in there were 5 naked girls wandering around. He was like, "help yourself, food, drinks, girls whatever you want."

I just don't get why guys cannot walk away. Unless your life is threatened, there's really nothing to gain from fighting, and there's a whole lot to lose.I

I've been in more than my share of fights, almost always for good reason, so I can make a "simple" list for you of instances where walking away can't work. Not won't, can't:

1. For whatever reason, right, wrong, neutral, the bell has rung, and there isn't time to walk away now. You just walked into a mess. Somehow...you're in it, and now, it's best that you win it. You're not a sociopath, so you won't keep beating somebody who is down(ahem, unlike MMA, I note). Can you guarantee that about the opposition? No. Therefore, winning/ending the fight is the safest for all involved(A Ranger lock or an eagle claw serve well here, and you will never see these in MMA, because they end fights immediately and without punishment). Also, most people don't fight a lot. They have no idea where the "fight" line is. They don't know it when they've crossed it, or that they should have walked away 5 minutes ago. Thus, while it's good that most people don't fight a lot, it's also bad: their ignorance is a catalyst for many fights. Regardless of how, once it's on, walking away can get you hurt or even killed. If you're not a fighter, the best thing to do is get your arms up, don't go down no matter what, wait it out/tire the opposition out, and hope somebody arrives with a plan.

2. The oppostion has been looking for a fight all night. It's rare for most people to spot this. They can't walk away from what they don't see. So, #1 takes over. If you can spot it(because you're a fighter), walking away merely dumps this bad actor onto the next unsuspecting person(who isn't). Tell somebody? What are you supposed to say to the cops/bouncer, exactly? That you can predict the future? Whatever the case, everything you might do to avoid #2 person is exceedingly difficult to execute once they have started coming at you. Or, you can stand your ground, give the idiot what they want...and a whole lot more of what they don't. Or perhaps, do, as there are sick kids out there who want to get beat/prove how tough they are. Thus, you either don't know to walk away, or you do, and you shouldn't walk away, because you know what the bad actor is up to, and you can stop it before it starts.

3. The opposition have been rejected by 1(or 5) people, and now it's #2 time. You arrived a short time ago, didn't see any of that, and are now hitting on the person(s) who did the rejecting...and winning. You have no idea what's coming, and all of a sudden it's #1 and #2 combined. Walking away only leaves the rejector(s) hanging out to dry, for the bad actor(s) to go after. Now that you've walked away, they feel empowered. Walking away now won't make you "smart" or "mature" or "moral". It makes you a coward. You might be able to walk away with the rejector, before #3 person(s) gets their nerve up, but rejector has to clue you in. And, be warned: the rejector can be a sick person...who wants to see you fight for them(often known as "From South Philly").

4. Or, even worse, the rejector can be the supposed significant other of the bad actor...who as it turns out, isn't so bad after all :o. What would you do if somebody started hitting on your partner, and your partner started encouraging them, or you think they are? Are you going to walk away? Most wouldn't. Most would fight for what is theirs. Then we add false/messy perceptions all around, and it's #1 time. Meanwhile, if you have no idea you are hitting on somebody's partner, saying that usually doesn't matter much, because #1. You might be able to talk it down...but be prepared for 2 hours of couples counseling and a ruined night. Either case, fighting, or Dr. Phil, means: no walking away.

5. Some people are just F'ing nuts. In this case, running away is best. If you can't run, walking away is definitely not going to work, unless there's another dude on crutches or something :lol:. But seriously, you aren't leaving him. If you can't get away, the options here are informed by "crazy can be fought with crazy". Crazy doesn't expect you to play along, or be even more crazy. I once diffused a nut(off his meds) by dumping drinks over my head and yelling "The Bills make me want to shout!"(this was in Oklahoma City, so, I was doing WTF for everyone there). The guy, who had been threatening people with a bar stool, was boggled by my behavior, and distracted enough...to not see my left hook coming. The regulars/owner thanked me...but...I was "that weird dude" for the rest of my time there. :lol:

Notice how I've kept this entire thing gender neutral? That's because I've been to many Tejano bars. And these rules, and many more, apply to the women there, NOT the men. There are plenty more situations where walking away isn't a choice: somebody slaps your kid.

The Rocky movies have been by far the worst influence on this issue. They have supported the notion, amongst far too many short Italians, that they can win fights they cannot. The very worst thing that can happen? An undersized Italian winning in MMA. Every bar in the US will need to hire 2 more bouncers.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

seems i dont get out of the house enough!.

crazy peoples.

and OC , your post is pretty interesting and tells me you have enough experience in these environments to give you some respect.

being young and then being old have changed my way of thinking.

I have been able to avoid any altercations that might have turned physical for almost 20 years. even though some have tried.

I dont let my ego or anger get the better of me.

But that video is a whole bunch of crazies.

and Junior .

Hard to understand the context of what's going on....was it self defense? Who/what instigated it? He's outnumbered by a group that keeps attacking him ...did they do that for self defense of something he did/kept doing, or was it within his rights to defend himself in a pretty threatening situation?

In the opening scene, anyway, the aggressor is the guy in blue trunks

Edited by JTSP

Hard to understand the context of what's going on....was it self defense? Who/what instigated it? He's outnumbered by a group that keeps attacking him ...did they do that for self defense of something he did/kept doing, or was it within his rights to defend himself in a pretty threatening situation?

In the opening scene, anyway, the aggressor is the guy in blue trunks

Id venture that defense would have played better than his lawyer saying "could be anyone, but its not Junior" despite him posting photos at the beach that day, and someone calling the guy in the video Junior at one point.

i dont know about you, but it would be hard for me to swallow him going back and saying, "ok ok it was junior, but it totally wasnt his fault" now.

I watched again and from the looks of it galette was not the aggresor and was acting in his right of self defense. In the beginning hes back peddling as a guy in blue trunks is throwing punches. Then a woman goes after him too. He's responding with minimal force only using a belt to protect himself. Then he tries to vacate the scene and a mob follows him. Then it looks like the aggressor in blue shorts pins a woman down and atrempts to beat her, at which point galletee intervenes to prevent it.

Id venture that defense would have played better than his lawyer saying "could be anyone, but its not Junior" despite him posting photos at the beach that day, and someone calling the guy in the video Junior at one point.

i dont know about you, but it would be hard for me to swallow him going back and saying, "ok ok it was junior, but it totally wasnt his fault" now.

Top lawyers backtrack and say completely contradictory things like that every day.

Plus he can simply say that he hadn't seen the Instagram pick and just looking at the video you couldn't tell it was him, which is basically true.

He's in a world of trouble regardless but I doubt the foolish but predictable attempt by the lawyer to say it wasn't him will play any role whatsoever.