RWS to Buffalo Airport Advice

DC Greg

You don't want to have to sweat it, look for a more forgiving plan in my mind. Enjoy the game if you're making the trip for the game only. I realize life gets in the way, but I'd want to have a little more leeway.

Done it. I generally park south of stadium near big tree inn off Abbott road. I then haul down 20 a to route 75 right then right on route 5 along lake over skyway to elm oak and take the 33 right to the airport. It's a ghost town traffic wise as soon as you get to 75

Edited by Purplebulldog

Based on previous experience for a 1:00 game, you will need to leave your seat at 3:40, which usually means that there's 5 to 8 minutes left in the game.

Your totally wrong. If you leave by 4:15 you will be at the airport no later then 5. Park in lot 5 off of Southwestern. Make sure you go into the left side of the lot if your facing the stadium. Try to park as close as to the main road where you come in as possible. Once you get out of the parking lot (should only take at most 10 minutes if you do what I tell you. you will be at the airport within a half hour. I live right in Lancaster & we are home by 4:30 on most 1pm games.

Edited by Gordio

Book a later flight. Relax. Enjoy the game, and the stadium atmosphere. Life is short. Enjoy the experience. Whatever the f else is going on can wait.....

Oh, agreed. There's no way I'm leaving the game early. It sounds like I could potentially make it from what folks are saying, but I'd rather not stress. I wanted to get a later flight, but not seeing anything available. I'm actually just looking into renting a car and driving this trip now. I've done that several times now, as well.

Some of the responses sound like we're trying to orchestrate a getaway after a crime! Depending on how the game goes, you may actually be......

Or Kurt Russel's new movie, Escape from Orchard Park.

I'm actually just looking into renting a car and driving this trip now. I've done that several times now, as well.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I frequently travel to DC for work and will often just rent a car. Once you factor in delays, getting to the airport early, yadda yadda, sometimes it's just easier to crank the tunes and drive.

Take your time getting out of OP after the game, and you'll still likely get home in time for a workable night's sleep.