Fred as a coach?

According to several sites, Fred has a net worth of $6m+. Why would he want to do the grind of coaching?

Probably because he has 30+ more years of career time, 50+ years of potential lifespan, and 3 or 4 kids to consider. I don't you go full retirement mode based on $6 million with those considerations.

Fred Jackson does not strike me as someone who makes career choices solely because of money. I think if he comes back to coach, it's because he loves football, he loves Buffalo, and he loves this team.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't have a problem with him saying that. I would rather hear a guy say that rather than this might be my last year or next year. It's the same mindset to me as someone saying I'm the best. Fine, you're the best, go prove it.

You think you can play 3 good years left? Prove it.

exactly.

I believe I recall Fred saying a few months ago that he wanted to play another few years, or until Bills management throws him out of the facility.

same thing with K Williams

Fred Jackson does not strike me as someone who makes career choices solely because of money. I think if he comes back to coach, it's because he loves football, he loves Buffalo, and he loves this team.

TY i think that is really the point isn't it ?

You don't win a ring in the NBA without an elite player. The Pacers didn't have one. The fact that he got them as far as he did every year without a single player averaging even 20 points is a testimonial to his coaching ability.

He had three years on his resume because that's what he signed up for. He told everyone he'd coach 3 seasons and that's what he did. He took a team that hadn't done anything since their ABA days and took them to the brink of their first NBA title with teams that clearly weren't at the top of the heap talent wise. You can use the championship thing to say he isn't great (which seems astoundingly stupid coming from a BILLS fan) but saying he was "middling at best" is !@#$ing retarded.

:worthy: