Teams restricting what season ticket holders can do

Beerball

give me a break....being in the army has zero impact on this story except to play on peoples emotions...the guy made almost 10x's profits...he knew what he was doing and money drove his decision....just like hundreds or thousands of other fans, from janitors to ceo's to stay at home moms or dads....

give me a break....being in the army has zero impact on this story except to play on peoples emotions...the guy made almost 10x's profits...he knew what he was doing and money drove his decision....just like hundreds or thousands of other fans, from janitors to ceo's to stay at home moms or dads....

I don't buy this. He holds a job that can take him away for weeks/months at a time, regardless of who ends up with his tickets unless there is an arrangement in his STH policy that specifically excludes selling to anyone except TB fans, he has every right to sell to whomever the hell he wants and at whatever financial gain he can get. He shouldn't be forced to "give" tickets to his neighbor because someone on SH may be a Chicago fan. It's a ridiculous policy and the team deserves to be called out on it.

Tampa has gotten such lousy press from the national media about not allowing Hawks or Wings fans sport their colors you'd think they'd wise up. Then you read this pathetic story. What a bush league town and team. Why don't they try that at Rays games?....oh, never mind, with out the out of town fans there would be no one there.

Boy... I should have bought those Blackhawks' seasons when the team was calling me 8 years ago! Damn frickan arrogance! Dinner would have been on me for all you guys... I would have made a mint on bandwagon fans AND I am in market... Not that Chicago needs any of the rules (now... Snicker). :-/

A friend of mine lives in Rochester and has Sabres season tix (blue line 20 rows up).

He told me that he sells the tix for all the Canadian team's games, Red Wings, Blackhawks and Rangers and ends up making 4 times what he pays for the SEASON tix on those games alone.

You have to throw a dagger through my heart! The 'Hawks would call me after getting Sabres-Hawks games tickets through their boxoffice... They would beg me to buy game packs and seasons... I would hang up on them and say: "I am a Sabres fan, I only come for their games."

Sick to my stomach... Who thought the old guy (Wirtz) would kick and the team do a 180 degree about face... Was the Chicago market THAT suppressed?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Agree 100% which is why I didn't bring it up. I don't think that teams should be able to restrict what any ticket holder does with theirs.

A friend of mine lives in Rochester and has Sabres season tix (blue line 20 rows up).

He told me that he sells the tix for all the Canadian team's games, Red Wings, Blackhawks and Rangers and ends up making 4 times what he pays for the SEASON tix on those games alone.

New hairstyle?