Is "Buffalo Stance" really about Bruce Smith's pose?

Wikipedia begs to differ...

"The song title refers to Buffalo, a group of photographers, models, musicians, hair and makeup artists, etc. formed by fashion stylist Ray Petri, of whom Cherry, Morgan and McVey were all members.[1] Such a "stance" would be to stand like a person or group of people that are posing for a photo shoot in a London fashion magazine.

The song's name is also a reference to Malcolm McLaren's 1983 song "Buffalo Gals," which "Buffalo Stance" samples. Other samples came from Rock Steady Crew's "Are You Ready?", and the saxophone break is from the band Miami's 1974 song "Chicken Yellow."

Wikipedia begs to differ...

"The song title refers to Buffalo, a group of photographers, models, musicians, hair and makeup artists, etc. formed by fashion stylist Ray Petri, of whom Cherry, Morgan and McVey were all members.[1] Such a "stance" would be to stand like a person or group of people that are posing for a photo shoot in a London fashion magazine.

The song's name is also a reference to Malcolm McLaren's 1983 song "Buffalo Gals," which "Buffalo Stance" samples. Other samples came from Rock Steady Crew's "Are You Ready?", and the saxophone break is from the band Miami's 1974 song "Chicken Yellow."

Turns out that Buffalo Gals was about the upcoming zone blitz:

First buffalo gal go around the outside

'Round the outside, 'round the outside

(You know it)

Two buffalo gals go around the outside

'Round the outside, 'round the outside

Three buffalo gals go around the outside

(Baaa, baaa, ba, ba)

Four buffalo gals go around the outside

(Baaa)

If you want a rap song with a Bills reference, check out "Wicked" by Ice Cube...but you might not like it.

Play ya and I'll slay ya
I got the mayor by the hair
Ready to BUCK BUCK BUCK and it's a must
to DUCK DUCK DUCK before I bust
Lookin for the one that did it
but like En Vogue, no you're never gonna get it
Cos I'm the one with the fat mad skills
and I won't choke like the Buffalo Bills

Edited by PromoTheRobot