An Inconvenient Truth About The New Slavery

So basically, you just want to make this an attack on me. Wow!

And you have to twist my argument around to do it. I never said I gave up hope on anyone coming out of a broken home. You are a liar. plenty of people make it against the odds. Many more do not though.

For instance, look at all the drug abusers. So many of them are unemployable.

Your words:

So many people, black, white, whatever, have been brought up by bad parents that they are now unemployable. What do we do with those people?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your words:

So many people, black, white, whatever, have been brought up by bad parents that they are now unemployable. What do we do with those people?

That doesn't mean everyone that was. So you just want to make this about me?

About the topic in the thread and then you made it about me.

You made it about you when you wrote such a divisive, hateful, and inaccurate declaration such as this:

All I did was respond to your post. If that is too tough for you, try posting less stupid stuff next time. But this isn't my thread, apologies 3rd. Back on track... :beer:

Edited by GreggyT

You made it about you when you wrote such a divisive, hateful, and inaccurate declaration such as this:

All I did was respond to your post. If that is too tough for you, try posting less stupid stuff next time. But this isn't my thread, apologies 3rd. Back on track... :beer:

No, you interpreted it the way you wanted to attack me, that's all. You are angry because I pissed all over your thread about the NEW NORAML....... boo!

No, you interpreted it the way you wanted to attack me, that's all. You are angry because I pissed all over your thread about the NEW NORAML....... boo!

I interpreted it the way you wrote it. You declared a wide swath of peoples' lot in life as hopeless because they're incapable of helping themselves. That's condescending and arrogant on top of being idiotic. In other words, classic Gator.

Like you always say, "Words matter".

I interpreted it the way you wrote it. You declared a wide swath of peoples' lot in life as hopeless because they're incapable of helping themselves. That's condescending and arrogant on top of being idiotic. In other words, classic Gator.

You disagree that there are large numbers of unemployable people? Do you know how many people drop out of high school each year?

1. single parent homes don't make people unemployable- lack of a high school degree, a criminal record, not having jobs in reach of reliable transportation, having no work record and an overall lack of jobs in relationship to those who want jobs - and it is this last factor that is most important because if their were two job openings for every person who wanted a job then all those other factors would fade to insignificance.

2. if there are a thousand job openings and ten thousand people looking for a job then 9000 job seekers are going to be unhappy - now here's the thing, anyone can get a job but 9000 people are going to be out of luck, if mopey Jack was inspired by a life coach to up his gumption 50% and that got him a job then great but he displaced someone with less gumption, If slightly undereducated sally took some night courses and scored a job that's wonderful but she displaced someone with less education.

3. But won't full of gumption Jack and better educated Sally be more productive workers and won't that help the overall economy? yes but only if they get a substantial piece of that increased productivity which they can use to buy more goods and services and that hasn't been happening the last since the early 1970s

Yes, words like "Control"

1. single parent homes don't make people unemployable- lack of a high school degree, a criminal record, not having jobs in reach of reliable transportation, having no work record and an overall lack of jobs in relationship to those who want jobs - and it is this last factor that is most important because if their were two job openings for every person who wanted a job then all those other factors would fade to insignificance.

2. if there are a thousand job openings and ten thousand people looking for a job then 9000 job seekers are going to be unhappy - now here's the thing, anyone can get a job but 9000 people are going to be out of luck, if mopey Jack was inspired by a life coach to up his gumption 50% and that got him a job then great but he displaced someone with less gumption, If slightly undereducated sally took some night courses and scored a job that's wonderful but she displaced someone with less education.

3. But won't full of gumption Jack and better educated Sally be more productive workers and won't that help the overall economy? yes but only if they get a substantial piece of that increased productivity which they can use to buy more goods and services and that hasn't been happening the last since the early 1970s

Totally agree, but the Conservatives have a point that things have deteriorated in poorer sections of the country. Its gotten so bad that some people have no clue what its like to have a job, how to act on the job, what it means to be employable and how to work hard. Its sad. I brought up the drop out rate because its pretty easy to get a high school diploma but millions each year just can't do it. Twenty years ago we were talking about how children were having children, now, those children and grand parents. Jobs are the answer. But how we get from her to more people working is a mystery to me

Oh look, yet another topic that has been reduced to gatortard spewing nonsense and everyone else agreeing that he's an idiot.

I haven't seen one of those in hours!

Ok I'm out!

Totally agree, but the Conservatives have a point that things have deteriorated in poorer sections of the country. Its gotten so bad that some people have no clue what its like to have a job, how to act on the job, what it means to be employable and how to work hard. Its sad. I brought up the drop out rate because its pretty easy to get a high school diploma but millions each year just can't do it. Twenty years ago we were talking about how children were having children, now, those children and grand parents. Jobs are the answer. But how we get from her to more people working is a mystery to me

And yet you keep voting for the people who think we should endlessly hand money to those people instead of creating any expectation of conduct, effort and achievement. And that's why millions 'just can't' earn a HS diploma and are "unemployable".

This isn't just a problem of poor people - if you are unemployed then starting at 3 months - and ending at 18 months you go from unemployed to unemployable .

The whole problem is people are thinking about things ass-backwards - it's not lack of skills that are keeping people unemployed it's lack of jobs that are keeping people from having job skills.

Oh look, yet another topic that has been reduced to gatortard spewing nonsense and everyone else agreeing that he's an idiot.

I haven't seen one of those in hours!

I'm sorry...but I've got my hobbies, and I indulge them.

Here's a thought:

Are Black people stuck in the ghetto? or is it a ghetto because of black people?

There are a lot of programs designed to get minorities out of a bad neighborhood. But when they finally move to a good neighborhood, it eventually becomes another bad neighborhood.

This isn't just a problem of poor people - if you are unemployed then starting at 3 months - and ending at 18 months you go from unemployed to unemployable .

The whole problem is people are thinking about things ass-backwards - it's not lack of skills that are keeping people unemployed it's lack of jobs that are keeping people from having job skills.

I totally agree, but once a person in unemployed for awhile their employability atrophies. The origin was lack of jobs, but its gone past that now. The best social program ever created was and is a job.

And yet you keep voting for the people who think we should endlessly hand money to those people instead of creating any expectation of conduct, effort and achievement. And that's why millions 'just can't' earn a HS diploma and are "unemployable".

When the GOP puts forth a decent plan to help the poor in a serious manner, I'll vote for them. Killing health care insurance isn't helping the poor, its evil.

I'm sorry...but I've got my hobbies, and I indulge them.

Speaking a someone needing a job...