Your Mockable Draft Pick

LB3

What would you like the Bills to do with the 50th pick that others would likely mock you for? Something that, in your mind, would actually be a good idea.

There's been a lot of smokescreen talk in the past few days regarding QB's and speculation about the team wanting to move EJ. I'm not really a fan of any of the QB's other than Winston. Assuming they want to move EJ, I would love to see them trade the 50th pick for Ryan Nassib. I think he would be a perfect fit for this offense (yes, I realize St. Doug is gone). He's been learning under Eli for two years now. In fact, he picked up the west coast system McAdoo implemented in NY last year much quicker than Eli. He's very smart and a pretty good athlete. He reads the field really well and makes quick decisions. He improved a ton from his first preseason to second. If we're looking for a project QB, they might as well go with one who's in year 3 of the project.

I know this will never happen, it's just what one admitted Cuse homer believes would be good for the Bills.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I would be fine with trading any/all of our picks this year for better value next year or the year after. If we do pick at 50 I'm hoping for the most physical, explosive lineman. And then cross my fingers for a hour or two and hope that Bryce Petty falls to round 3 and we pick him. Relase Tuel and eventually EJ after he gets beat out by Tyrod at camp.

I want AJ Cann but I think he'll be gone by the time we pick so I wouldn't mind trading down and maybe picking up an an extra 4th. Yet in my mock I predicted we take PJ Williams. As I think our 1st pick is going to stun most fans because Whaley keeps harping on best guy available and not sure that the best guy available will find us an O-lineman to help.

why would we trade a 2nd round pick for a 4th round syracuse QB who has never played?

I would because I think he would would step in this year and make us a contender.

Like I said in the OP, it's a crazy thought just one that I believe to be true.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

why would we trade a 2nd round pick for a 4th round syracuse QB who has never played?

Doug Whaley has gone on record that he had a huge part in the Bills drafting EJ Manuel. So that begs the question why someone would think that Whaley would consider trading for Ryan Nassib who went in the same draft as Manuel.

There is zero chance that the Bills trade for Nassib on the basis that it would require Doug Whaley admitting his pushing for Manuel was a big mistake and that he should have drafted Nassib instead, a guy that is still a complete unknown and has yet to see the field in a real NFL game.

IMO Nassib has a very low NFL ceiling, however it's high enough that he'll probably be a good backup QB for a long time. His highest ceiling is probably Fitzpatrick's career.

Either one - get Petty, even if you need to trade up, QB's always drafted higher than they should.

Or two - trade #50, next years first and EJ, and whatever else to get to the top 2 picks for one of the QB's, preferably one for Winston.

We'd most likely need to trade our next three first rounders to get a top 2 pick.

I would make that trade for Winston, not for Mariota.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

odd use of the word "mock" in this scenario. makes everything very confusing.

congrats on the name change, btw!

Yeah. I've noticed there's a bit of a misunderstanding of the title based on some responses. I thought it was a nice little use of word play but apparently I'm just not the best at coming up with titles, as evidenced by my previous screen name.

OK Bills pick at 50 - I think one of these OTs will be around Donovan Smith, Cedric Ogbuehi, T.J. Clemmings - I'm going with Cedric Ogbuehi - The fact that there seems to be a lot of good but not great OTs might push OTs down in general as teams may wait thinking they could get a comparable OT a round later, on the other hand that might just mean that there will be a run on them early on the second round- I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Bills at 81 - I think there will be some desirable DBs here safeties Adrian Amos, Jaquiski Tartt, cornerbacks Josh Shaw, Steven Nelson- I'm going with Josh Shaw.

after 81 it's hard to pick particular players but I think the Bills might be looking for the following in there next 4 picks 1. a big two gap space eating NT for example TYELER DAVISON 2. an edge rusher maybe Deiontrez Mount 3. a blocking TE especially if he has sneaky redzone quality a Nick Boyle type 4. a big WR Issac Blakeney type

after the draft - LBs , RBs with short yardage power qualities Terrell Watson, Alonzo Harris or Joe Bergeron , more OTs Bills have three and I'd want six to go to training camp, punt returners