Who are the most interesting people you have met ?

mead107

I have met many interesting people in my travels. Some memorable ones are an astrophysicist, investment banker, and all the world traveler. I worked with a chef that is one of the smartest and most interesting people I have met. In the 70's he backpacked Iran, Afghanistan, Syria and most of Europe and Asia. When he was in his 20's, he moved to France and trained under a crazy Frenc 3 star Michelin. He is fluent in French, Spanish, Italian and Russian. When he moved back to the states he opened a restaurant that was voted many times the most romantic restaurant in California. He has partied with a who is who of 1970's hollywood and music scene. He raced formula 1. I cannot stump him with any word that he does not know. His brother is a writer on Discovery Channel. Fascinating guy

So I am bored tonight and will answer all of your threads Mead

1) great friend from college who completely lives his own way and cares not one iota for convention. Lived in a teepee in college, then upgraded to a step van. The most honest person I have ever met in my life... Not from a telling the truth perspective ,but his willing to tell his true feelings all day every day. Not always popular, or without critism, or without negative consequences , but that's him. Graduated college, been a bricklayer ever since. Got mouth cancer, and beat it with what he swears was positive thought and holistic remedies. Been single his whole life, would make PooJ look discriminating.

2) guy started last company I worked for. Made the organization successful by sheer force of will and pure motivation. Started with nothing, Sold his company for $3.4 B. Great to sit and talk with him and pick his mind.

Could list a bunch others , but those two are folks from different ends of the spectrum.

Edited by plenzmd1