George W. Bush knocks Obama on foreign policy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? GB/DC Middle East - OK Iraq/Afghan policy was the worst foreign policy approach and actions in the history of our country - on so many levels - a catastrophe - this is not in dispute.

Saudi policy - Continued the "Sell us oil and we will look the other way - and buy some airplanes from us" This policy has been in place for a century - almost.

Iran: Well - we effed that up in the 50's when we deposed their democratically controlled government and installed the Shah. Can't believe they hate us. GWB did jack here.

Egypt: Well - let's continue the defacto parrot government of the Egyptian military by funding it and letting it run the country - another "winner" idea that surely will work in the long term....wait....what?

Syria-Lybia - Leave the despots in charge.

Actually the Neocon ME strategy was to overthrow Iraq and Afghanistan and and install democratic governments and let freedom ring - American style - around the ME -W000T!

They were completely wrong.

Stick with bashing Obama - carry on!.

Carry on with your BO bashing.

This is precisely the type of simplistic logic one would expect from someone who voted for him before he decided to not vote for him.

Well maybe that's one cost you care about, because certainly .....

#SaveOurTaxDollarsAndLives

..... doesn't meant anything to you

That I care about? You're the moron that linked to a "Saudis destroy planes" story.

Huh? GB/DC Middle East - OK Iraq/Afghan policy was the worst foreign policy approach and actions in the history of our country - on so many levels - a catastrophe - this is not in dispute.

In the history of our country? And it's not in dispute? Does that mean there's consensus?? :lol:

That I care about? You're the moron that linked to a "Saudis destroy planes" story.

In response to "What foreign war/disaster did Obama get us stuck in? " who said:

"If that's your measure of successful foreign policy, you have no business discussing the topic."

And "Hey, what's a war cost anyway, right? Not a big deal?" who said:

"That's got nothing to do with foreign policy."

Edited by JTSP

In response to "What foreign war/disaster did Obama get us stuck in? " who said:

If that's your measure of successful foreign policy, you have no business discussing the topic.

And "Hey, what's a war cost anyway, right? Not a big deal?" who said:

That's got nothing to do with foreign policy.

I did. What does that have to do with you getting all pissy about scrapped Yemeni puddle-jumpers getting bombed?

I did. What does that have to do with you getting all pissy about scrapped Yemeni puddle-jumpers getting bombed?

It has to do with your priorities. Ive never said lives and tax dollars don't matter (quite the contrary), unlike ummmm .... you.

Your only plea was for machines #SaveOurPlanes :(

Edited by JTSP

It has to do with your priorities. Ive never said lives and tax dollars don't matter (quite the contrary), unlike ummmm .... you.

Your only plea was for machines #SaveOurPlanes :(

I never said lives and tax dollars don't matter, either. I said it's not a sound measure of foreign policy. If you could read, you'd know that.

And it still doesn't explain why you got so pissy about a destroyed, non-functional Yemeni puddle-jumper.

Edited by DC Tom

[/font][/color][/background]

Obama may have not gotten us into a new war to get stuck in, he certainly has contributed to the huge mess in the middle east with his drone attacks and surges and special forces operations in other countries.

Someday perhaps we'll come to our senses and butt out. We can't improve things over there with our bombs and young people's lives. It's a tribal/religious fued. They need to fight it out amongst themselves. Sort of like the Catholics vs. Protestents in the crusades.

We should be able to ward off any terrorism with all of our survellence activities.

Obama may have not gotten us into a new war to get stuck in, he certainly has contributed to the huge mess in the middle east with his drone attacks and surges and special forces operations in other countries.

Someday perhaps we'll come to our senses and butt out. We can't improve things over there with our bombs and young people's lives. It's a tribal/religious fued. They need to fight it out amongst themselves. Sort of like the Catholics vs. Protestents in the crusades.

We should be able to ward off any terrorism with all of our survellence activities.

Butting out is what Obama's trying. Stay out of it, fail to back up words with actions when you don't stay out of it. Then negotiate from the position of weakness you established. And THEN expect everyone else to watch out for your interests, and not take advantage of you.

The very foundation of Obama's foreign policy is fundamentally unsound. Gomez Adams had a better strategy for playing the stock market.

Big picture I agree with that, but the more fundamental problem is support for our 2 main "allies" Israel and Saudi. It's why our policy runs counter to objectives of stabilization and keeping the US out. The most recent flare up in Yemen is yet another example. Had we left the Youthis alone they had shown they were perfectly capable of defeating Al Qaeda. They're also the type of oppressed group our "Arab Spring" agenda was supposed to have liberated.

He's trying to walk a fine line appeasing the powerful foreign lobby and interest groups, while keeping boots off the ground and reducing military expenditures we can't afford. Very difficult to pull-off. I wish he had taken his case more often and more directly to the American people. Public opinion shows theyre on board with no more foreign wars, a fair mideast policy, and fiscal restraint. That kind of leadership has been missing in DC since the Reagan/Clinton era

Edited by JTSP

Yes but if the American media ignores it, it doesn't really create additional problems in the Middle East.

Remember how there used to be an article every week about 'Bush bombing civilians' #brownlivesmatter