Pearl Steet Lofts or Hotel at the Lafayette

plenzmd1

Don't know anything about them personally, but that's kind of far from the stadium.

Not really. 15 minute drive to stadium in AM, Ten a sober nephew drives us back ...never leave lot till at least two hours after game ends...so same going back. I like hanging out in downtown more than Orchard Park.

Both are really nice and representative of the "new Buffalo." There is just so much going on down there these days compared to when I left 7 1/2 years ago. It is crazy to see.

Ever been?

Not really. 15 minute drive to stadium in AM, Ten a sober nephew drives us back ...never leave lot till at least two hours after game ends...so same going back. I like hanging out in downtown more than Orchard Park.

Ever been?

Ive been to Lafayette since it was redone. It's really nice. There are lots of things to do in the city now. There are a few breweries, Canalside, etc....

Gents,

Looking at these places for Bills weekends. Does anyone have any experiences or impressions of either one? Tripadvisor all has mostly positive feedback, but was hoping to get a first person account if possible.

Pearl Street will be more fun (with the bar right next door http://pearlstreetgrill.com/images/PearlStreetMenu_web.pdf ) as it's really geared to Sabres fans. The Lafayette is much more elegant and has some nice bars, but is more of a business/wedding kind of place. Not sure of the parking situation at the Lofts, however.

You should plan on a 30 minute drive on game day as the Lackawanna toll booths will be backed up, even two hours before the game.

Edited by Lurker

Pearl Street will be more fun (with the bar right next door http://pearlstreetgrill.com/images/PearlStreetMenu_web.pdf ) as it's really geared to Sabres fans. The Lafayette is much more elegant and has some nice bars, but is more of a business/wedding kind of place. Not sure of the parking situation at the Lofts, however.

You should plan on a 30 minute drive on game day as the Lackawanna toll booths will be backed up, even two hours before the game.

Nah on the toll booths. Roll right up 5 to 179(Milestrip) over to McKinley, left on Brompton, in ECC lot no more than 20 minutes after leaving.

Been using that route since late 70's coming from either the Fall or GI. Only delay is if fireman are doing their boot drive on Rt 5, slows down for a minute or 2.

Going thruway would add 45 minutes to that route most likely.

We usually stay Embassy Suites, looking at maybe something different this year for games.

Nah on the toll booths. Roll right up 5 to 179(Milestrip) over to McKinley, left on Brompton, in ECC lot no more than 20 minutes after leaving.

Been using that route since late 70's coming from either the Fall or GI. Only delay is if fireman are doing their boot drive on Rt 5, slows down for a minute or 2.

Going thruway would add 45 minutes to that route most likely.

We usually stay Embassy Suites, looking at maybe something different this year for games.

Yep, that's the way to go. From North Bflo, 198 to 190, over the skyway, 179, to Mckinley, left on Brompton, left on Sheldon to a private lot behind Tim Hortons'... 25 minutes. Screw the thruway.

Yep, that's the way to go. From North Bflo, 198 to 190, over the skyway, 179, to Mckinley, left on Brompton, left on Sheldon to a private lot behind Tim Hortons'... 25 minutes. Screw the thruway.

Funny thing is, my brother just could not make it to McKinley, always had to turn in the back of the shopping center and come up to take right on McKinley at Wegmans. Forget what game they won when he first did it, so it became his superstition.

Now we do it too, just cause he would be pissed if we didn't LOL.

Plus, Wegmans pooper pretty clean if you are there early enough.

Funny thing is, my brother just could not make it to McKinley, always had to turn in the back of the shopping center and come up to take right on McKinley at Wegmans. Forget what game they won when he first did it, so it became his superstition.

Now we do it too, just cause he would be pissed if we didn't LOL.

Plus, Wegmans pooper pretty clean if you are there early enough.

Hah, my brother has to drive through that parking lot too.. even if the traffic isn't backed up... weird.