Chargers trying to trade Flutie to Buffalo

Black ICE

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

FLUTIE HEADING BACK TO BUFFALO?

A league source tells us that the San Diego Chargers are trying to trade 40-something quarterback Doug Flutie to the Bills.

Flutie made the biggest splash of his NFL career in Buffalo several years back, and the Bills arguably kept the wrong guy when they picked Rob "Rag Doll" Johnson over Flutie following the 2000 season.

Flutie would help shore up a position that has been weakened by injuries to J.P. Losman and Travis Brown.  Recently, the Bills signed veteran Shane Matthews.

The effort by the Chargers to trade Flutie suggests he might be in danger of getting released.

If you read this type stuff and I hope you enjoy National Enquirer too.

So let me get this one straight....AJ Smith, who said signing Flutie to the big contract was a mistake and all Ralph's fault, and then became the driving force behind signing Flutie to a cap unfriendly deal in San Diego and now wants to trade him back to Buffalo so we can absorb said contract....

AJ may have planted this rumor with Florio thinking the fan base would go ape to have Flutie back in Buffalo. Earth to AJ--"This ain't happening bud..."

A source very high up in the NFL told me recently that since every team plays in week 1, all 32 NFL teams will either win, lose, or tie.

I spoke to my own sources to verify these claims, and sure enough a win, loss, or tie seem to be the expected outcomes.

A close personal friend of the commish, who wished to remain nameless, says the popular opinion in the head office is that wins and losses are the best bet. Their inside sources seem fairly confident there will be no ties.

The No. 3 quarterback, veteran Doug Flutie, appears poised to make the roster. There were rumors that the Chargers would release or trade him, and that he could land with Buffalo or New England.

"Absolutely not," Schottenheimer said. "Not an iota of truth. I find it kind of amusing, to be very honest."

Doug Flutie

Here we go again with overreacting and lighting of pitchworks. Pathetic.

The reason why the rumors are posted is because so many fans are manipulable by agents and writers.  So you "leak" a rumor and watch the fireworks and free publicity,

Haven''t we learned after "statements" by Henry and McGahee and drafting of McGahee?

18000[/snapback]

Then why did you bring it up?

Chargers are trying -

but nobody's buying.

So let me get this one straight....AJ Smith, who said signing Flutie to the big contract was a mistake and all Ralph's fault, and then became the driving force behind signing Flutie to a cap unfriendly deal in San Diego and now wants to trade him back to Buffalo so we can absorb said contract....

AJ may have planted this rumor with Florio thinking the fan base would go ape to have Flutie back in Buffalo.  Earth to AJ--"This ain't happening bud..."

17728[/snapback]