Just for fun - Walter Football 2016 mock draft

But according to their draft they are all gone. By the way where is Braxton Miller slotted to get drafted by Walter Football?

QB#21:
OhioState_logo.gif Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State

Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.

Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

Projected Round (2016): 6-FA.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walt's 40 times are always terrible. I take everything on that site with a grain of salt, but his rankings provide a nice counter balance to the NFL and ESPN boards IMO

Yep I don't know where he got 4.6. OSU probably off a bit claiming he runs 4.32 but he will run low 4.4s at the combine. At the end of the day he will be drafted for his overall talent and playmaking ability but whether he will get a chance to compete for a roster spot as a QB all depends on his shoulder and then whether he ever plays qb again in college. Barring injury to one of the other two, I can't see him under center except for gadget plays in 2015 unless he transfers

I don't know how I feel about that statistic because I haven't actually looked into it myself. However, I only have to go as far as Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, and Fred Jackson to find evidence that the trend isn't actually accurate. The elite qualifier shouldn't matter, because we are looking for a level of play at 27 that is consistent or improved on their prior years.

The Bills are devoting on avg $8 million a year to LeSean McCoy ($5.5, $7.6, $8.8, $8.9, $9.0) for someone they know is going to perform.

As for the QB situation, while I agree it may limit our success, the object of his rating was extending a very good RB's contract. I am not sure what the QB situation has to do with this at all. Is it preventing us from signing that free agent QB out there? It is akin to saying "I don't know why he took the shot, they were down 5-3 anyway. Might as well start fresh next game" Well now we are 5-4.

I misstated - i was referring to RBs acquired in substantial trades, not all RBs. My bad.

sounds about right.

I think it is comical that they have Hackenberg and Jones before Cook, who played poorly last year and is just another spread option QB respectively.

this is Sackenberg's year to show he is worth the hype. Franklin didn't do him any favors with that system and his OL was trash but it's put up or shut up time

this is Sackenberg's year to show he is worth the hype. Franklin didn't do him any favors with that system and his OL was trash but it's put up or shut up time

Hackenberg needs to transfer to a school that plays pro style offense, maybe Nebraska because of mike Riley.

Wonder if he can still transfer without sitting out a year because he went through the scandal?

Never understood the dislike of passionate, informed amateur creators that occurs on internet chat boards. It stands against reason, in my opinion.

The world is a worse place without passionate amateurs contributing to their passion by expressing their opinions in public with the intent of fomenting discussion. Standing on the sidelines and ripping a knowledgeable amateur for actually creating something strikes me as pretty weak -- especially when a person who is doing the ripping hasn't created anything. Walter Football is a fairly solid site, and I've gotten both enjoyment and insight from it over the years.

Thanks to the OP for posting the link.

I've got plenty of enjoyment out of his site as well, I was just speaking to those getting upset with his projections. Mock drafters are like weathermen. People can follow the weather and know as much or more than the weatherman, the weatherman presents a more professional approach to a wider audience, but arguing about who the Bills are likely to pick at 50 is pretty close to arguing about the 10 day forecast.

I've got plenty of enjoyment out of his site as well, I was just speaking to those getting upset with his projections. Mock drafters are like weathermen. People can follow the weather and know as much or more than the weatherman, the weatherman presents a more professional approach to a wider audience, but arguing about who the Bills are likely to pick at 50 is pretty close to arguing about the 10 day forecast.

Fair point.