Huge bump for GWB........double digit lead

Time Mag Poll

I expected maybe a 4 to 6 point bounce but this comes as a surprise. If Time is reporting a double digit lead then then in truth it is more then likely a 12 - 14 point lead.

Oh well, at least GWB bounced to the positive and not to the negitive like kerry.

Hint to the kerry camp: If you want everyone to stop talking about vietnam, then shut the hell up about it yourself. Stop leading off each and every press conference with that topic, and maybe...just maybe it may go away. Does anyone else agree that his staff needs to be overhauled?

Time Mag Poll

I expected maybe a 4 to 6 point bounce but this comes as a surprise. If Time is reporting a double digit lead then then in truth it is more then likely a 12 - 14 point lead.

Oh well, at least GWB bounced to the positive and not to the negitive like kerry.

Hint to the kerry camp: If you want everyone to stop talking about vietnam, then shut the hell up about it yourself. Stop leading off each and every press conference with that topic, and maybe...just maybe it may go away. Does anyone else agree that his staff needs to be overhauled?

17707[/snapback]

That actually reinforces something I've been saying for a long while: the administration's biggest problem is their near-complete inability to market themselves. From what I saw of the convention, this is the first time the administration has overcome that problem and presented a clear, unambiguous message...and it's showing in the polls.

Now if Bush and his people can keep that up (which I doubt), and Kerry and his people ever pull their heads out of their collective ass (which I seriously doubt), we might just have a race that's only mildly nauseating.

That actually reinforces something I've been saying for a long while: the administration's biggest problem is their near-complete inability to market themselves.  From what I saw of the convention, this is the first time the administration has overcome that problem and presented a clear, unambiguous message...and it's showing in the polls. 

Now if Bush and his people can keep that up (which I doubt), and Kerry and his people ever pull their heads out of their collective ass (which I seriously doubt), we might just have a race that's only mildly nauseating.

17732[/snapback]

Isn't such a bump it generally expected just after the convention? Especially considering our short attention span?

Isn't such a bump it generally expected just after the convention?  Especially considering our short attention span?

17736[/snapback]

Yes...but typically not so large of one, I thought. And I also think, judging by Kerry's "bump" ( <_< ), that had the RNC not stayed on-message for once, they wouldn't have done nearly as well in the polls...

That actually reinforces something I've been saying for a long while: the administration's biggest problem is their near-complete inability to market themselves.  From what I saw of the convention, this is the first time the administration has overcome that problem and presented a clear, unambiguous message...and it's showing in the polls. 

17732[/snapback]

Good points Tom, The biggest thing is that the American public has a short attention span. This was how they wanted to play it out.

The repub's waited, and waited , to answer or reply to all the stevestojan that the kerry camp was throwing. They're keeping it close to election time. Brillant stratergim <_<

the Dims shot their wad quite some time ago. Toast, I believe is the word.

Good points Tom, The biggest thing is that the American public has a short attention span. This was how they wanted to play it out.

The repub's waited, and waited , to answer or reply to all the stevestojan that the kerry camp was throwing. They're keeping it close to election time. Brillant stratergim <_<

the Dims shot their wad quite some time ago. Toast, I believe is the word.

17776[/snapback]

You mean aside from the fact that the election is two months away and all other polls says it's a dead heat?

You mean aside from the fact that the election is two months away and all other polls says it's a dead heat?

17781[/snapback]

The polls in Florida show we're not going to be hit by a huricane this week end. Yeah, I like polls.

Have some more Kool -ai.........never mind

The polls in Florida show we're not going to be hit by a huricane this week end. Yeah, I like polls.

Have some more Kool -ai.........never mind

17791[/snapback]

He's right, though...a lot can happen in two months. Hell, ask the Spanish...a lot can happen in two days.

The other polls, though...I didn't know there were any yet. The Time poll is the first I heard.

He's right, though...a lot can happen in two months.  Hell, ask the Spanish...a lot can happen in two days.

The other polls, though...I didn't know there were any yet.  The Time poll is the first I heard.

17793[/snapback]

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...oj77l4&refer=us

It's hard enough trusting any single poll. But never ever trust a poll that has less than 1000 participants.

Polls suck. I dont even believe the 11 point bump. The media is still going to spin this election the way they want.

Kelly you've already backpeddled. <_<

My points are that the public has a short attention span, this is an advantage to the repub's right now.

17815[/snapback]

It took us about six months to forget 9/11. How long do you think it'll take people to forget the conventions?

Time Mag Poll

17707[/snapback]

Is that 12-14 point lead calculated with that fuzzy math of yours? 144=150

Newsweek came out today with a new pol that shows GWB way ahead of kerry by 54% to 43%. A whopping 11 point lead.

That basically translates into an 11 point bump when you consider they were even going into the RNC.

Can you say ass whippin???

• 19 years later...