Cassel advantage and explanation of EJ's command issues

EJ stated he learned a lot from Orton - how to view film, run huddle, etc

That is opposite of your opinion.

Please do not color facts by your dislike of Orton "tanking" season and retiring,'

There was bad synergy on offense sideline obviously but Orton seemed to be a strong leader until he was constantly beat on due to OL/scheme.

I think blaming Orton's high level of sucktitude on OL/scheme is a tad silly. He was absolutely horrible down the stretch and it was because he just plain sucked.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think blaming Orton's high level of sucktitude on OL/scheme is a tad silly. He was absolutely horrible down the stretch and it was because he just plain sucked.

Every single QB.....EVERY single QB......regressed under Marrone/Hackett

This is absolutely not disputable.

I know there are other factors. But all roads lead back to this.

Every single QB.....EVERY single QB......regressed under Marrone/Hackett

This is absolutely not disputable.

I know there are other factors. But all roads lead back to this.

I don't believe EJ regressed. EJ had a few not-so-great games. That happens to EVERY single QB. That is absolutely not disputable. Just most QBs don't get benched for it.

I don't believe EJ regressed. EJ had a few not-so-great games. That happens to EVERY single QB. That is absolutely not disputable. Just most QBs don't get benched for it.

So you dont think that EJ wasnt playing "conserv ball" and it wasnt messing with his willingness to throw the ball downfield?

This is not a knock against EJ.......this points to coaching. it actually got him benched and it wasnt his fault.

EJ stated he learned a lot from Orton - how to view film, run huddle, etc

That is opposite of your opinion.

Please do not color facts by your dislike of Orton "tanking" season and retiring,'

There was bad synergy on offense sideline obviously but Orton seemed to be a strong leader until he was constantly beat on due to OL/scheme.

I think his point was cassel is likely to actively mentor while orton was a bit more "move over and you can watch me"

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/8990/cassel-brady-maintain-close-friendship

In this article you will see the benefits of having worked with the greatest of our time at the QB position, Tom Brady. To keep this post short, it boils down to the fact that veteran guidance forces a player to learn the correct motions and puts him in his place at the most crucial time of a QB's career to avoid learning bad habits. When Cassel was a rookie, he had Brady correcting him every step of the way.

Brady said it best: "Look, you can’t be a guy and seen as a leader if you’re making mistakes, simple mistakes, on the field. You can’t be a guy that goes up and tries to get after somebody else if you’re making those mistakes."

EJ was thrown to the lions his first year. No veteran presence, and no QB coach. How could anybody expect him to thrive without that guidance and under the leadership of some pig like Doug Marrone? CJ noted that EJ was too buddy buddy with his players. This really boils down to EJ being confused and not having a mastery of the offense rather than him not being able to have that mental edge to call out other players. He downright KNEW that he wasn't going through the motions correctly, he wasn't reading defenses well, and most importantly putting that ball in the right place.

Look we all know after Cassel left the Patriots, his career has been met with inconsistency. But at the very least we have a competent veteran quarterback that has played with the best team and learned under the best QB and has made a playoff run on two different teams. We haven't had a QB that has done this since Drew Bledsoe.

Cassel knows the Patriots and openly admitted following them even when he was a Viking. If anybody knows how to beat them it would be either Matt Cassel or Rex Ryan. Cassel is still friends with Brady, and Brady respects him as a good quarterback. Perhaps Cassel is the piece that brings this team respect along with the other offensive options we have on the field, so that teams don't just mentally put themselves over us and lock in a win in their mind, as Brady has done the last decade.

If this is the short version, I'd hate to see the long version.

:nana:

Ryan has given the Patriots fits most games, even with bad teams....last year they should have won both games before losing them in the final seconds...

Rex has 4 wins out of 13 games vs New England. Not exactly impressive. Belichicks owns Rex. I want to beat them, not give them a tough game. No more moral victories.