TE Brian Parker, Albany

Not a top-500 NFL prospect and not even top-25 at his position. Talk about a gamble.

You know this how?

Apparently was at UB pro day

@CoachKavanaugh: Brian Parker Balled out.

4.55 40 yard dash.

4.3 shuttle

7.03 L-Drill

38.5 Vert jump

9'11 Broad Jump

@SportSpeedTEAM http://t.co/uzycPBkPbt

@ChrisTrapasso: BTW, all of Parker's Pro Day numbers would have put him in the Top 3 at the TE spot at the combine. Fastest 40 and highest vertical.

That is, IF they were run under same conditions as combine

Ill be surprised if the Bills do not draft a TE this year with Clay being the only experienced TE they have on the roster

I like Nick Boyle from Delaware

You and every other guy around. Money is made in the draft by finding gems other teams aren't really noticing. Parker may be one of those gems, or he may not be. The level of risk should be low with a potential of high return.

how excited do you normally get about UDFAs

exactly - someone else said there's logic to consider him a top 3-5 TE in the draft (not a UDFA). I find it hard to believe that someone who was ranked 4th best in the Colonial Athletic Conference at his position will be a top 3-5 TE in the NFL draft.

exactly - someone else said there's logic to consider him a top 3-5 TE in the draft (not a UDFA). I find it hard to believe that someone who was ranked 4th best in the Colonial Athletic Conference at his position will be a top 3-5 TE in the NFL draft.

chris Trapasso said that. I think it's more likely he's referring to the weak batch of TEs in the draft. But he compares in measureables pretty well and trapasso hasn't really broken down film. I guess the league thinks he has something since a few teams are interested. Teams take flyers on guys from all walks - basketball players, rugby, warehouses, etc. He may only make the practice squad or not make the team at all but you never know.