Freds rushing stats last year

Very unpopular stance, but I've taken it for years. If moral support won games, Fred would be the MVP every year. But yards and TDs win games. Spiller has been the better RB the entire time they've both been on the team. They shunned the wrong one. They got rid of the wrong one. The only saving grace is McCoy, who is better than both of them. But Fred isn't going to make the offense any better this year. Whaley had the right idea. I get why Pegula forced the move to keep him. But that was not a football decision.

Teams like NE make football decisions. That's why they make the playoffs every year.

Luckily, the Bills' D will be able to overcome the lack of production that the oldest RB in the league will bring to the table.

But he's a great guy. A great Bill. A great leader. I'm glad he's coming back. But I think Whaley had the right idea.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unpopular stance, but I've taken it for years. If moral support won games, Fred would be the MVP every year. But yards and TDs win games. Spiller has been the better RB the entire time they've both been on the team. They shunned the wrong one. They got rid of the wrong one. The only saving grace is McCoy, who is better than both of them. But Fred isn't going to make the offense any better this year. Whaley had the right idea. I get why Pegula forced the move to keep him. But that was not a football decision.

Teams like NE make football decisions. That's why they make the playoffs every year.

Luckily, the Bills' D will be able to overcome the lack of production that the oldest RB in the league will bring to the table.

But he's a great guy. A great Bill. A great leader. I'm glad he's coming back. But I think Whaley had the right idea.

TD's win games. Not yards. And Freddy has more TD's in his career than Spiller ever will.

Fred has more total yards from scrimmage 4 out of 5 years they were together.

http://www.nfl.com/player/fredjackson/2506871/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/c.j.spiller/497204/profile

Fred has more total yards from scrimmage 4 out of 5 years they were together.

http://www.nfl.com/player/fredjackson/2506871/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/c.j.spiller/497204/profile

Average? No.

He had more tries, hence more yards. Spiller did more with less. I've gone over these stats many times in the past. Spiller was the better back. The stats prove it every time.

Check NFL stats during Spiller's Buffalo tenure. Check runs over 20, over 30 and over 40 yards. Peterson is the only back in the league who was more prolific in those areas.

Then factor in special teams.

He was more productive. He was better.

Fred is just a fan favorite and I get it. I'm down with it. But to say, statistically, that he is better than Spiller is simply incorrect.

Average? No.

He had more tries, hence more yards. Spiller did more with less. I've gone over these stats many times in the past. Spiller was the better back. The stats prove it every time.

Check NFL stats during Spiller's Buffalo tenure. Check runs over 20, over 30 and over 40 yards. Peterson is the only back in the league who was more prolific in those areas.

Fred is just a fan favorite and I get it. I'm down with it. But to say, statistically, that he is better than Spiller is simply incorrect.

I like Spiller but he has serious limitations......like blocking/picking up blitzes.....that kept him off the field. Jackson deserved to be on the field more often.

Both suffered from horrendous offensive coaching in 2014.

141 carries for 525 yds 3.7 ypc. 2tds 5 yes ,5 fumbles in 141 carries. 3 fumbles 2013 5 fumbles 2012 .

Buffaloed, I believe a number of those fumbles are receiving fumbles or punt return fumbles.

So if you want to include receiving fumbles, IMO you should also include his 66 receptions for 501 yds, 7.6 y/r this year.

Total 207 touches for 1026 yds in 9 games or 114 yds/game.

4 of those 5 fumbles were recovered by the way.

I think Bryce Brown is getting a bad rap as butterfingers. Overall, he's really not. But I do wish we'd figure out how the Pats* are teaching ball security and copy it - it's not all due to the soft balls.

I like Spiller but he has serious limitations......like blocking/picking up blitzes.....that kept him off the field. Jackson deserved to be on the field more often.

Both suffered from horrendous offensive coaching in 2014.

Can't disagree with any of this. But the fact is that Spiller did more with the ball when he got it.

We will never know how either would have done as a primary back, as they always split carries. We can speculate.

But looking at the actual statistics for what happened during the games, Spiller comes out on top.

Average? No.

Counting rushing and receiving yards per touch your right CJ beats him 5.4 to 5.2 not much difference. Touches per TD Fred 35 CJ 45. You seem to think CJ really good but he averages 45 touches on offense per TD. The example you used Peterson on the other hand averages a little under 25.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Counting rushing and receiving yards per touch your right CJ beats him 5.4 to 5.2 not much difference. Touches per TD Fred 35 CJ 45. You seem to think CJ really good but he averages 45 touches on offense per TD. The example you used Peterson on the other hand averages a little under 25.

My reference to Peterson had nothing to do with TDs.